facebook

sorority rush...again

by: miamigirl

I went through rush last year as a freshman and received my top choice of a bid during it. However, after accepting my bid I decided to drop a few weeks later because I didn't feel like it was the right sorority for me. I do really want to be in a sorority. What are my chances of getting a bid next year during formal?? Any general suggestions for me? Also, how should I explain my situation if I do go through rush again to the girls in the sororities during rush parties?

Posted By: miamigirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: duh   

if you accepted the bid you cant join another one

By: duh
#2  by: re: duh   

Yes she can. "miamigirl", you can go through recruitment again. You can't if you went through initiation, though. Ignore what "duh" said. You can verify with Panhel if you don't believe me.

You do have a chance of getting a bid next year. I would recommend not bringing up why you're going through recruitment again. I would not say that you're going through it again because you didn't fit in/weren't satisfied with where you got a bid last year. It will send a really bad message and other chapters will feel as if you're going to talk badly about them too/you're going to do the same thing to them. However, before going through recruitment I would reflect on what that chapter didn't have that you wish it did so that you would've stayed, and nicely communicate that when you go to parties next rush period. That way you can get what you're looking for! Good luck! :)

By: re: duh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.