facebook

sophomore rush- is it a thing

by: Girl

Can you rush a sorority (& have a good chance of getting in) if you go abroad your first year? Thinking of applying here but I don’t know too much about it

Posted By: Girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sophomore    

Sophomores can definitely rush! Even juniors and seniors can, but your chances will decline the older you get because sororities don't wanna pledge people who will leave soon. But rushing as a sophomore isn't considered that weird here, I just did it and I'm pretty happy :)

P.S. if you decide to go through rush, don't go into it thinking you're rushing one sorority. Be open to all of them, because unless you do informal recruitment you will be rushing every chapter and it's important not get fixated one just one or two. All the houses here have something to offer

By: sophomore
#2  by: cofc   

Rushing as a sophomore is totally normal, and sometimes gives you an upper hand if you have connections with girls in sororities. HOWEVER, THIS IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE. MANY SORORITIES CAN ONLY TAKE A COUPLE SOPHMORES (7-10 depending). SO YOU ARE LOOKING AT MUCH WORSE ODDS THAN FRESHMAN.

By: cofc

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.