facebook

greek life

by: ccu19

I'm an incoming freshman, and I was planning to rush this year, but after attending orientation this summer and talking to some of the members of the Greek community, I'm not so sure. The director of Fraternity and Sorority Life was very nice and very enthusiastic to answer my questions. However, when I visited the Sorority booth at the Information Fair to ask the members questions, their answers were quite vague, and they appeared in willing to talk or answer questions for anyone. I attended the Greek Life meeting later, and I noticed some sorority members would roll their eyes when asked specific questions about i.e. payments and what they were used towards. My first impression of the Greek community was not what my expectations were. Should I still rush despite my first impression of the sorority members?

Posted By: ccu19
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Coastal Carolina Greeks   

Please please please ignore the eye rolling and vagueness. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I am a member of a Panhellenic sorority here at Coastal and it makes me feel embarrassed that that is the reception you got from Greek life here at Coastal. I promise you there are so many women who are amazing and genuine and want you to ask as many questions as you need. We were all you once, and I think those girls need to realize that. That being said, Greek life has changed my life in the best way possible, and I hope you will reconsider and go through, I promise you, you will find your home and find women who truly care about you and everything you have to offer! Best decision I have ever made!!!!

By: Coastal Carolina Greeks

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.