facebook

advice

by: been there

Good luck to all the PNMs. I went thru rush last year. At the time it felt like one of the worst experiences of my life, but I can't even begin to tell you how much I love being in a sorority that I wasn't even interested in on the first day of recruitment. Here is some advice as recruitment starts

(1) Be confident in who you are. You will get cut from some sororities and it really hurts. don't let rejection destroy your confidence.

(2)Be open to all the sororities. Lots of girls drop out when the get cut from some houses that they really wanted, but there are still lots of ones that you might like so try to stay open.

(3)Call your mom or if you have a big sister -- call them. Call them late at night, call them early in the morning. They will always want to listen and they will always support you and they will always cheer you on.

(4) It is okay to cry. Again call your mom.

Hope that helps! and good luck!!!

Posted By: been there
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes   

A message to PNMs

Every year hundreds of smart, attractive, accomplished young women go through recruitment. Everyone is social and has great grades and tons of activities on their resumes. These are the cream of the crop women at Clemson who chose to join sororities. Yet, all these women can't be in the same sorority. That means ALL sororities are full of fantastic women you should be proud to call your sisters. Stick with the process, and next year you can be one of the women on the other side of recruitment. Be open to all the groups on campus!

It will hurt when you are not asked back to some of the groups, but listen to what "been there" has said above. Keep looking forward and focus on the groups you still have on your schedule. Remind yourself that the women in the chapters were in the same situation as you not long ago, and they all found their place. You will, too. Remind yourself that you will find a great group in any of the chapters. Stay confident and be yourself!

By: Yes
#2  by: Listen   

Great message

By: Listen
#3  by: Bump   

By: Bump
#4  by: Bump   

Great advice for PNMs.

By: Bump
#5  by: .   

bump

By: .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.