facebook

rushing in the fall? or rushing in the spring?

by: CheekyGinger

Hi! I just found out that I will be transferring in the spring this year! I am super excited about going to Chapman as I just came from a Christian University. That being said, I wasn't able to do Greek Life and now really want to join one! I will be going in as a Sophomore for the Spring and I was thinking of waiting to rush in the fall because i know most sororities will rush then. Is it a bad Idea to wait and rush as a Junior? Just from what I have seen, I would like to get into Theta but I still want to learn more.

Posted By: CheekyGinger
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: fall   

I think your best bet is to rush in the fall. Spring is more laid back but only a couple of chapters participate so you wouldn't have the same opportunity to get to know all of them. If you're particularly interested in Theta, wait to rush because they do not offer spring. I wouldn't worry about your Junior status, if you are a good fit then they will take you despite your class standing! Good luck and have fun in greek life, its a great experience!

By: fall
by: greekgirlDec 16, 2013 9:03:18 PM

I think you should check out rush in the spring. The benefits are its free and very laid back compared to Fall Rush, it also gives you the opportunity to really get to know the sororities participating and if they aren't for you then you can opt out anytime and decide to rush in the Fall instead.

By: greekgirl
#2  by: advice   

It doesn't hurt to at least check out spring rush...in the very least you might walk a way with a few new friends regardless of if you join the house! In terms of Theta they only do fall rush, but have been known to give bids to juniors!

By: advice
#3  by: Welcome   

Welcome to Chapman! I believe you will love being a Panther. Greek life at CU is wonderful. There is a great fit for everyone, which is why I am so thankful I decided to join. I did not rush in the Fall of my freshman year because I was not really sure if sororities were for me. However, Kappa started a new chapter at Chapman and the thought of helping create a new chapter was very exciting. Therefore, I rushed in the spring and became a founding member. It has been a wonderful experience. Good luck finding a sorority that fits for you.....just keep an open mind because you want to find that perfect fit!

By: Welcome
#4  by: Truthbtold   

If you want a well regarded sorority wait. The only groups who do spring are the ones who didn't get enough pledges in the fall.

By: Truthbtold

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.