facebook

any thoughts on recruitment?

by: recruitment

How well did you think each chapter did?

Posted By: recruitment
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Typical   

I think recruitment went as usual. Girls dying to be seen as Hot went DG and those wanting a popular sisterhood Theta. But think the big shocker to everyone was how well Kappa did! They had a fantastic PC and think they really took some great girls from the top houses making them a solid top 3-4 this year. That is pretty impressive. Those in top 2 no need to worry but think the rest got a jolt of reality that this house prepared well and had success because of it. Getting info from our pledge class that kappa wa in their top 3 for many of them. Well done and know that we take you ladies very seriously!

By: Typical
#2  by: overall   

I think everyone was pretty shocked by how poor alpha phi did. DG did pretty much the same as usual. Theta really stepped up their game and definitely got the best pledges. Kappa got Aphi DG and Theta rejects but some are still good. AGD did worse than last year. Tridelt and Phi sig pretty much stayed towards the bottom.

By: overall
by: trueSep 10, 2013 11:53:37 PM

This is very accurate.

By: true
#3  by: ^^   

so much is wrong about this.

By: ^^
#4  by: chaptown    

Agreed. what happened with a phi? DG and Theta definitely got better girls than them this year. Id say kappa even did better than them

By: chaptown
#5  by: ...   

I heard a lot of girls were releasing Dg and Aphi on the first day. Theta and Gphi did good as expected. Tri Delta stepped up their game. I was shocked to see how many pretty girls AGD got. Kappa didn't do amazing but a good first recruitment. Sadly Phi Sig probably won't be around for much longer.

By: ...
by: excusemeSep 12, 2013 4:24:56 AM

I think you are a bit confused. The houses that did well are DG, Theta, and Kappa (especially for a first recruitment). The houses that did good are GPhi, and Tri Delta. AGD did okay. Aphi disappointed compared to previous classes and phi sig did the same. Truth.

By: excuseme
#6  by: Interesting   

This recruitment was interesting for sure! Theta and DG were top with Kappa a very strong 3rd. Which is interesting because people call them rejects. I find that very funny. They aren't rejects, I know 5-6 of them. They are just girls with high standards that refused to go with a house that they didn't like. Now they have their own. So after their first recruiment, they have a group that did put Kappa as their top choice. We have lots of girls that put Kappa as number 2. I bet DG has the same. This makes them a SOLID #3! So here's a Big welcome from Theta!!

By: Interesting
#7  by: hey   

I really like the Kappa pledges, they are very friendly girls, at least the ones I met were. I hope I can spend more time with them, they were so easy to talk to!

By: hey
#8  by: come on   

how do we know whether or not each chapter got good pledges? What are we judging our opinions off of? Outer appearances? This is so stupid

By: come on
#9  by: Parent   

I happened across this site while looking for some chapter history. I've read the top few posts and replies. As a parent who wasn't involved in the Greek system, and has a daughter who is a new recruit in what appears to be a popular Chapman sorority... this is all quite disheartening, and more than a little disturbing. I had a lot of fears about my child getting into this world and I'm really hoping this ends up being a good experience for her:/

By: Parent
by: @ @ParentOct 2, 2013 2:39:48 PM

I think it is interesting you call out DG and Aphi for low ranking Kappa. I've heard it is more Phi Sig and Tri Delta doing that because they are angered by Kappa excelling and angered by Kappa's higher social status while still so new.

Guess it is just very clear some other sororities see Kappa as a threat.

As for the greek life experience at Chapman, it is generally not this hostile or exclusive on the daily. Most women in greek life have friends outside of their sorority and outside Greek life. As far as I know they don't receive any flack for it. I don't, at least. The aggression in greek life really only flairs up around big events like recruitment, now Airbands, Red and Gold Week, Greek Week and especially Skit, etc. It's not really something that puts a damper on greek life here. And it is a lot worse elsewhere.

By: @ @Parent
by: @@ParentOct 11, 2013 9:26:04 AM

I think it is pretty mixed which houses are welcoming Kappa and which are upset. They are here, they are wanting to be a part of the amazing Greek Life at Chapman, and I think there is room for us all. So hopefully after having them on Campus for an entire year will blow over all the who is mad talk! Each house has something to offer every girl on campus that wants to be Greek, we should celebrate that not lable, put down girls, or houses!! Go Greek!!

By: @@Parent
by: Panhellenic PaJan 21, 2014 2:45:22 AM

I am so sorry that this website is one of the first sources of information you found on your daughter's new Greek community, and I would like to attempt to apologize on behalf of this entire discussion board. As a member of the Greek community, we frequently promote the support of not only our own chapter members, but support for the entire Greek and Chapman community. I am currently a junior at the university, and I can honestly tell you that I have never heard such hostile discord from this community. It is my belief that this only comes from the ability to remain anonymous as well as some hurt feelings from insensitive "rankings." Each sorority on campus has much to offer, and it is unfair to deem one "better" than another for these differences. I sincerely hope that your daughter found the right place for her at our university, and I hope that you will be given the opportunity to observe the Greek community in better and more realistic conditions in the future.

By: Panhellenic Pa
#10  by: olol   

the new aphis look like rodents

By: olol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.