facebook

colony

by: hey

I am a little bit obsessed with the idea of rushing (weird I know) so I've already read the PNM handbook online and it says that Pi Beta Phi is colonizing in the fall. What does colonization mean?? If students want to belong to that colony do they have to be upper classmen?? Also do they get a bid day or is it more just an informal thing?

Posted By: hey
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Panhellenic Love   

Colonization in the simplest terms means that they will be coming to Chapman in the fall and starting the chapter of the sorority that semester. They will take their first class and you will essentially help found the chapter at Chapman. There usually is a a bid day with your new sisters! Kappa and Tri Delt did bid days when they first came to campus. The process of joining the newest chapters coming to campus vary based on their national processes, but that would be something to ask during formal recruitment or during tabling in the weeks leading up to recruitment!!

If you are dying to know, get in touch with Chapman's director of recruitment for the year or Alli Segal

By: Panhellenic Love
#2  by: Duh   

They're not coming until spring...

By: Duh
#3  by: pi phi    

they will be here in the spring so I wouldnt let it affect going through recruitment

By: pi phi
#4  by: fyi   

pretty sure pi phi's colonization has been pushed back another year actually

By: fyi
#5  by: Greeklife   

Hi!
If I were you I honestly would still go through recruitment in the fall. It's a wonderful way to meet new people and figure out what greek life is about at Chapman. I am still really close friends with a few of the girls that were in my Rho Gam group my freshman year. If Pi Phi is coming in the Spring, you could just rush then but if you want the whole experience I would say do it in the fall. You could fall in love with a house, or it could just reaffirm that you want to join Pi Phi whenever it is that they colonize.

Welcome to Chapman and I wish you the best!!

By: Greeklife

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.