facebook

sports

by: transfer student

I want to do cross country and rush a sorority. Is it difficult to balance a sport and a sorority all while trying to maintain good grades? I am going in as a Journalism major but might change to Undeclared.

Posted By: transfer student
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sporty spice   

With the exception of dance, since a lot of dance majors rush, sports and greek life do take up a lot of time, but you make time if both are priorities. I have sisters that are on sports teams and they find time to manage both. Studies are your biggest priority when it comes to college, so keep that in mind but you can always ask girls in the recruitment room and other students that are in sports. I did notice that most girls that play sports are not affiliated; I am not sure if it is because of the time commitment for both or because they find those good friends within the sport and they do not need more.

By: sporty spice
#2  by: Forealdoe   

It's not a big deal at all. Go for it.

By: Forealdoe
#3  by: Chapman   

I say rush! During rush, lightly bring up time-commitment in the convo! I know there are at least a few houses on campus (mine included) that have a sizable group of members who are very involved in other things!!

By: Chapman
by: transfer studeJun 2, 2013 6:57:23 PM

thanks! Which sorority are you in? I am trying to keep and open mind but it would be nice to know which sororities have girls who are involved in other activities.

By: transfer stude
by: @transfer studJun 4, 2013 12:11:18 PM

it's dirty rushing to say which chapter she is in. when you go to open house and tabling, it'll be apparent which chapters are actually involved in other things on campus :)

By: @transfer stud
by: transfer studeJun 4, 2013 8:06:31 PM

oh okay thanks!!

By: transfer stude
#4  by: Frat Sajak   

KKG has a lot of female athletes on women's soccer and track/CC

By: Frat Sajak
#5  by: yeahh....   

steer klear of kappa

By: yeahh....

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.