facebook

sophomore rush

by: 98

hey, i'm transferring to chapman next year and im wondering if i should rush as a sophomore? i know a few people but i've heard a lot of houses drop sophomores. just wondering! thanks!

Posted By: 98
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: rushing help!   

I would definitely recommend rushing as a sophomore! Only two out of the seven houses drop sophomores (Alpha Phi and Gamma Phi) and there are still really good ones left including two of the top three houses (DG and Theta)

By: rushing help!
#2  by: blue   

All houses will take transfers and I have seen it happen! It's just more rare with DG, GphiB and Aphi, in comparison to the rest of the houses.

By: blue
#3  by: glife   

I know Theta is really good about giving bids to sophomores, and they are one of the top houses. I'm pretty sure most houses do make exceptions though if you are a good fit for their chapter!

By: glife
#4  by: cugreeklife   

Theta gives out alot of bids to sophomores and they are top house! Dont count on GPHI, APHI, or DG. Good luck!

By: cugreeklife
by: GreekPantherJun 18, 2013 5:16:20 AM

GPhi certainly gives bids to sophomores. My friend rushed as one and around 10-15 girls were sophomores in her pledge class of 60. If you're sweet, bubbly and a genuine person then you should get in regardless of your age in my opinion.

By: GreekPanther
#5  by: rushed as transfer   

Just a correction to the replies above: Gamma Phi's pledge classes the past two years have a large portion of sophomore and junior transfers. Last year they even took a senior into the pledge class.

By: rushed as transfer
#6  by: cugreek   

definitely rush! you'll be surprised at how many girls rush as sophomores. plus chapman just brought kappa kappa gamma to campus so there are more opportunities for houses

By: cugreek
#7  by: hopeful_transfer   

I really want to transfer to Chapman next year and I have always wanted to be in a sorority but I'll be a junior... I'm scared that no one will want to take me. Is there any chance that a junior can get a bid?

By: hopeful_transfer
by: PantherJun 18, 2013 5:14:39 AM

Hi! Welcome to Chapman! I know Alpha Phi and DG rarely bid Sophomores let alone Juniors but Gphi, Theta, and AGD certainly do! Just go through recruitment, and check it out. Hope to see you rushing in the fall!

By: Panther
#8  by: greek   

apparently kappa has a big variety of ages and took everyone from freshman to juniors. i would say some houses will definitely be looking for upperclassmen in some cases-- especially kappa and tri delt

By: greek
#9  by: also   

^^^just to add to that, Kappa also has a few seniors that I know of. Pi Beta Phi is also coming (this year? next year?) and since it is also a colony they will be looking for ladies of all ages.

By: also
#10  by: chapman   

honestly, don't go through recruitment thinking about that. If you click with the girls in each sorority, they'll find a spot for you. There's no rule that they WONT take someone just because they're not a freshman. Each house took sophomores and juniors. I know top houses that even took a couple seniors. Just be yourself.

By: chapman

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.