facebook

fraternities

by: Newbie

Hey, next year I will be transferring to CMU from a Community College. I'm only in my first year of college right now but I am looking to join a frat next year. Can you guys give me some kind of overview on the best frats. I don't want to join one of the most hated frats on campus. Looking to hopefully join a frat with a classy group of guys

Posted By: Newbie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Chippewa   

This website is not a good judge of fraternities or greek life as a whole really, a few of them arent even on campus anymore. The only true way to find the one to pick is by meeting the brothers and seeing which ones you like being around, visiting the parties and the houses, and definitely talking to sorority girls about it.

By: Chippewa
by: NewbieMar 12, 2013 4:26:34 PM

I sort of figured this wasn't a very reliable website to get information on. It seems like guys from their respected fraternity could just come on here and talk their frat up. What is the best way to meet with the brothers? Do I just have to go to the parties and talk to them or is there a different and maybe better way? And okay, I'll definitely have to meet some sorority girls and talk to them!

By: Newbie
#2  by: :)   

In my opinion, as a sorority girl the fraternities here are definitely different in terms of personalities, but they all strive to be the best leaders and still have fun doing it. I can't really say what the best fraternity would be for you, since I don't know you, but in my opinion, Beta Theta Pi is my favorite. I agree with what the other guy said, talk to the brothers here. You'll meet a lot of them if you go out your first few weekends here.

By: :)
#3  by: BareEssentials   

Just look us all over real well, we are all different yet very much the same. My hopes is you pick one that has the same standards, goals and asperations that you have. There are those who are known for parting, academics, sports etc...but essentially all have the same goal.

By: BareEssentials
#4  by: ChippewaGirl   

You might not want to use the word "frat" when you talk to the brothers, which is the best way to get to know any of the fraternities on campus. CMU greek life is way different than most people think.

By: ChippewaGirl
#5  by: Fireupchips   

Sigma Chi does elephant walks every third Thursday of the month in there basement.

By: Fireupchips
by: uhApr 19, 2013 4:21:22 PM

I doubt it.

By: uh
#6  by: chiplife   

Rush week is going to be in the first few weeks of the fall semester or so. Just hit Main street and attend rush events for every fraternity (get a feel for which groups you are most comfortable with). Make sure that you are social at the events and talk to a lot of the brothers. Also, coming to more than one rush event is better because then the members of the organization you're looking to be a part of actually know your face. Good luck, man!

By: chiplife

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.