facebook

rush regrets

by: Please help me

Rush was really deceiving for me and less than a week later, I regret my decision so much and want to drop. I picked based upon looks and who had the cutest outfits. My sorority posted all over my wall on bid day to make it look like they care and are excited to have me but I can tell they aren't genuine and I don't want to call this place home. What should I do? I am debating on dropping to join ZTA because I don't want to wait a year

Posted By: Please help me
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Sorry, not sorry.   

That's kinda rude to say that they all aren't genuine. First, all the sisters are going to post on the new pnm's wall. It's what they do, it's like tradition. You'll have to do it to when you get to their spot. Second, you're not going to love all your sisters, that's hard to do. But you're going to find the ones you do love, like your pledge class, your big sis/pseudos, etcs. All the girls in each sorority try their best, you're not trying your best.

By: Sorry, not sorry.
#2  by: Yo   

since you signed your last preference card, you can't join ZTA or any other sorority this year. You would have to wait for next year.

By: Yo
#3  by: ^   

Just drop because if you aren't happy right after bid day, you are never going to be happy. This is the time where the girls try the hardest to make you feel at home so you are going to feel worse in a couple weeks. Just drop

By: ^
#4  by: Me too   

The Greek Community is kind of a big joke here especially the sororities. My sister is one at San Diego and they are all better than the ones at Long Beach. No one knew what was going on and Rush was such a hot mess on Day One so I dropped... I am thinking about ZTA

By: Me too
#5  by: sorry   

you can't join ZTA or anyone else for a year. you can rush again next year and learn from this and remember not to pick based on looks

By: sorry
#6  by: I bet   

I bet you got into Alpha Phi. They put on a great show

By: I bet
by: ^Sep 20, 2015 9:47:32 AM

Wrong. Would have loved to be in Alpha Phi. I Got dropped from the Alpha Phi, Gamma Phi Beta, and Dlelta Zeta. My Rho Gamma told me to stick it out anyway. And I don't like my sorority. No I can't join ZTA cause I signed a card.

by: asdfdsfSep 20, 2015 12:15:14 PM

^^^ you suck

By: asdfdsf
by: SooooSep 20, 2015 3:38:32 PM

You chose DG?

By: Soooo
#7  by: me too   

so many people from my group dropped after day one for zta and i wish i had too because i am miserable in my house. i am thinking about dropping and my rho gamma wont text me back now.

By: me too
by: yeah!!!!Sep 23, 2015 9:16:57 AM

My Rho Gammas wont text me back withe either and we just had our pledging ceremony and it was weird and I want to drop. Who do we contact about dropping

By: yeah!!!!
#8  by: This   

This happens every year. Girls choose based on who "looks the best" in recruitment and regret it and the girls who join houses that dont "look as good" end up being the happiest

By: This
by: ^Sep 20, 2015 9:37:03 PM

I didn't choose on looks. The three I wanted dropped me and I have no idea why. So I was stuck with a group I don't like and expensive dues. Why should I pay a ton to be in a mediocre group? I wanted to drop out and I was told not to, and now I can't join ZTA cause I signed a card.

by: DGSep 20, 2015 11:45:41 PM

Looks like you chose DG. This isn't a bad house but the dues are expensive

By: DG
by: ^^Sep 27, 2015 11:58:40 AM

Maybe SK since their house make dues expensive. Or AOPI their dues are about $1,600

By: ^^
by: Well.....Sep 27, 2015 8:40:17 PM

I guess that makes you mediocre since the "top houses" didn't want you. Enjoy the ones that wanted to see you.

By: Well.....
#9  by: Same   

I want to drop too but my Rho Gama told me that I couldn't drop out and now I know for sure that I don't want to do this. Who do we tell if we want to drop our sorority?

By: Same
by: Grow some.Sep 21, 2015 8:56:25 PM

Stick up for yourself why don't you. If you're scared about talking to them, then you don't belong in a sorority in general. Figure yourself out. ZTA, from the looks of it, isn't even a good fit for you.

By: Grow some.
#10  by: Hey look   

All the sororities are great. Sure you didn't get the most popular sorority, but you found one! Some girls didn't even get call backs after the first night. Just because you're in the sorority, doesn't mean you have to ONLY be friends with them. You can go to other chapter events. That's what I plan on doing! So what if the girls don't look as attractive as the other sororities. Those girls don't represent you, you do. Oh and Yes you can STILL go to frat parties. Every sorority knows when there's a party. Just give them a chance!

By: Hey look

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.