facebook

Should a homeschooler go through recruitment?

by: Happy to be homeschooled

Hi,
I have been homeschooled my entire life. I'm going to CSULB next year. I will be a freshman, but not living in the dorms.
Are there other homeschoolers who go through recruitment? Will I be considered odd? Will I be welcomed or will I be rejected?
Thank you in advance for any advice you can give.

Posted By: Happy to be homeschooled
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: panhellenic   

Hi. Are you asking about sorority recruitment? If yes then please know that we will welcome you and won't reject you for being homeschooled. If you can talk about your community contributions, leadership, and the reasons why you want to join a sorority, that's totally fine too!

By: panhellenic
by: @PanhellenicJul 30, 2021 5:45:25 PM

Leadership is overrated. If everyone is leading , then who the heck is following? I really don't see how she could be a leader if she was homeschooled anyhow. Sororities need to chill on this leadership crap. It's all made-up and not genuine .

By: @Panhellenic
by: @@panhellenicNov 2, 2021 4:59:08 PM

cry about it

By: @@panhellenic
#2  by: Yes!!!!   

Of course homeschoolers are welcome to go through sorority recruitment. We are a very diverse Greek System and we all get along really well. You won't be the only person from a homeschool background. There are several women here who travelled during high school and didn't got through the traditional route. I think you will be really happy with your choice to go CSULB Greek. We look forward to meeting you!!!!

By: Yes!!!!
#3  by: Panhell Love   

You will find that our Panhellenic is incredibly inclusive and we embrace real diversity. We have sisters who have a lot of different backgrounds and we value everyone's story. We hope to see you in September.

By: Panhell Love
by: so trueNov 15, 2021 10:54:44 AM

This really is true. We are very inclusive

By: so true
#4  by: :)    

Hey! I’m so excited to hear that you’re considering going through recruitment- I would recommend to anyone who is interested! Just because you’re homeschooled doesn’t mean that you wont fit in (which you definitely will- everyone has a home at LB and just be sure to feel it out and go with what your heart is telling you through the process). But Im positive you will bring so much value to our greek community. However, if you decide at any point that greek life isn’t for you, no worries! You can always drop from recruitment or not take any bids. Just be sure to be yourself because you’re absolutely amazing! Best of luck!

By: :)
by: ?Oct 31, 2021 6:39:51 AM

How many women in sororities come from homeschool?

By: ?
by: Sorry Im lateNov 15, 2021 1:45:55 PM

If Im being fully transparent I have no idea how many people are from home schooling backgrounds but it really shouldn’t matter either. We don’t select people based off of their type of academic background (average GPA yes, but only based on a bare minimum). Im not sure if you did or didnt end up going through recruitment in fall but if you didn’t and are still interested you can always try to COB during spring. Spring informal recruitment is really chill and extremely laid back. Very little pressure it’s just a good way for us to get to know you a little better and see if we think you might be a good addition to our chapter and our ideals or if you might potentiate more value/ be happier in a different chapter. It is still a mutually selective process but way less intense than formal recruitment. If you have any questions you can always ask again here, reach out to Panhellenic via instagram or probably DM and of the sororities and they would be happy to help. Hope that helps!

By: Sorry Im late

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.