facebook

should i bother?

by: possible rush

I'm 24 and going back to school after 6 years of being a flight attendant. I've always wanted to join a sorority. I have been told that I might not be too old. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Posted By: possible rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: depends   

It isn't unheard of, but there are a few sororities that will drop you the first day based on your age. I would give it a try.

By: depends
#2  by: ..   

U mind partying with 18 year olds ?

By: ..
by: partiesDec 29, 2013 10:18:10 PM

Not everyone joins a sorority for parties. Some join for leadership, and philanthropy not to mention sisterhood.

By: parties
#3  by: .   

i know that my chapter has a few girls that are like 22/23. its really up to you and if you feel comfortable in that situation.

By: .
#4  by: Yes   

Nothing wrong with cougars. ;) The guys will like you.

By: Yes
#5  by: should be okay   

we are pretty open about things like that at Long Beach State. If you don't have hang ups about it most of us won't either. There might be one or two sororities that will drop you based your age, but who cares?

By: should be okay
by: probablyJan 26, 2014 11:12:19 PM

Alpha Phi will probably drop you based on your age, but the others will probably judge you for you. Have an open mind and you should be okay.

By: probably
#6  by: Go for it!   

Im in Alpha Phi and about to turn 25, I was worried about being the oldest girl when I joined because I thought no sorority would want me. I am soo happy I rushed, my sisters welcomed me with open arms and I have found some of my best friends in this chapter! Go through recruitment! You won't regret it!

By: Go for it!
by: ^Feb 9, 2014 7:10:45 PM

is this for real?

By: ^
#7  by: ^   

I know a lot of the houses have girls who are in their mid-20s, but Alpha Phis all seem young.

by: ^Mar 26, 2014 12:31:54 AM

Alpha Phi has several older girls. All the sororities do. Long Beach is a chiller school like that. We don't discriminate for age.

#8  by: No worries   

A lot of chapters have girls in their mid 20s

By: No worries
#9  by: mep   

just do it

By: mep
#10  by: yeas!   

yes do IT!

By: yeas!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.