facebook

how is aopi here?

by: Transfer

I will be transferring next fall to CSULB. I am an aoii from University of Alabama. How is the chapter here? I was hoping CSULB would be the same ranger Alabama is and can’t wait to rage with my Cali sisters! I’m coming for you!

Posted By: Transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: panhell love   

Although they may be small they are mighty. They are a powerhouse of fun and have some of the most popular events on campus! Welcome to the Beach I’m sure your aopi sisters will welcome you with open arms and would love to go to events!

By: panhell love
#2  by: zoey   

Hi and I hope that you will be welcomed by your AOPi sisters at CSULB. Our chapters here are smaller than those at the large SEC campuses but they do good work and have fun.

AOPi is one of our smaller chapters, but I believe that you will really like them.

By: zoey
#3  by: Beach   

AOII is great here at the beach. Strong sisterhood, great philantrophy, nice group of girls.

By: Beach
#4  by: sara   

Check out the chapter social media to find out what events they have here on campus. Welcome to The Beach!

By: sara
#5  by: @transfer   

Perhaps you could help our chapter to grow and bring in new members!

By: @transfer
by: transferNov 5, 2019 4:00:09 PM

How’s the house? And how are the numbers?

By: transfer
by: @transferNov 6, 2019 8:34:56 AM

Have you checked their insta it should help give some indication of chapter and members.

by: @transferNov 6, 2019 10:09:52 AM

They do struggle during formal and informal recruitment.

#6  by: truth   

Aopi is not regarded highly here. They might be sweet or nice but they aren't considered the prettiest, they aren't the most involved not to say they don't have good events. They are really struggling and need help. If you want the challenge I would say welcome join them and help if you wanted to come to join a raging house I'm sorry you won't find it here. Not just because of them being not as popular but because we don't have a huge party school.

By: truth
by: Truth seekerNov 12, 2019 6:50:58 PM

None of the Panhellenic sororities here are at the same level of a SEC university in terms of size, parties, houses etc. We have a great Greek system, but we are not really a party school. It’s more laid back here.

By: Truth seeker
#7  by: hard cold truth    

Bottom house, no one will admit it so I will

By: hard cold truth
by: HonestNov 12, 2019 11:54:20 PM

Op listen to this everyone is trying to be nice and give you hope but no

By: Honest
#8  by: West coast    

Hi! They a nice group of women in Alpha Omicron Pi . Good hearted, strong sisterhood, fun group and they have nice philantrophy events.
The sorority is definitely small size wise compared to Alabama. If you are looking for the same experience that you got at your old AOII chapter than you not going to find it at the beach. Greek life here is a lot smaller and we have less sororities and fraternities here than Alabama.

By: West coast
#9  by: West coast   

Hi! Did you affiliate with the chapter at Long Beach?

By: West coast
by: op@westcoastFeb 23, 2020 10:18:57 AM

When the semester came around I tried to meet up and check them out at The Greek tables. It seems the culture is extremely different compared to Bama. So unfortunately I did not affiliate.

By: op@westcoast
by: saraFeb 24, 2020 11:14:06 AM

You said you were transferring in the fall of 2020 in your original post. Did something change and you came early?

By: sara
#10  by: re op@westcoast   

Weren't you not transferring to Long Beach till next fall though? it's spring semester 2020.

By: re op@westcoast
by: ummmFeb 24, 2020 4:08:32 PM

If you believed that this post was ever real, I'm not sure what to say. It was clearly a troll.

By: ummm
by: lolApr 1, 2020 12:02:04 AM

This is truly an dumb post.There is no person transferring from Alabama to csulb. It's just a stupid troll post from a person who has nothing better to do except insult an sorority and act so immature. The original poster is probably the same person in the comments calling then a bottom house and insulting their looks. Grow up! Seriously who really cares what sorority you are in. What matters is you are comfortable in the one that bid you and all eight sororities at Long Beach are different, but are great.

By: lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.