facebook

why are we expanding?!

by: AOII

To the person who wants to add AEPHI Why the hell would we expand?! Half the houses do not make the stupid “quota” while the other half are so self absorbed they don’t even know what is going on outside. It would be great if we could expand but the school doesn’t support us. The school is deferring recruitment for freshman. Greek life is the smallest part of campus life ALREADY and YOU want to ADD ONE?! Are you that vapid or that bad at making friends you want to add AEPHI. Well how about instead of complaining about posts getting deleted (this probably will for speaking the truth) and how we should add other sororities why don’t you make the ones we have not suck first?

Posted By: AOII
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: zoey   

Honestly I believe that the person(s) posting about adding another chapter (AEPhi or any other NPC group) didn't understand how the expansion process works.
While I don't agree that the quota number that was set is "stupid," it is the number has been determined by National Panhellenic for this campus so the groups can continue and flourish. Four of the houses more or less consistently make quota and the other four are not meeting it through formal and informal recruitment.
Yes all eight groups would have to be at total for a few years and there would have to be a significant increase in the number of women going through recruitment before the campus would consider opening up for expansion.
Until that happens, I don't see any other groups coming here.

By: zoey
by: zoeyNov 6, 2019 10:41:16 AM

Forgot to add this information about chapter total.
The allowable Panhellenic Association chapter size on campus, as determined by the council, including new and active members. Chapters that fall under total may be allowed to participate in continuous open bidding (COB) until they reach total. Four of the chapters were at total after Formal Recruitment in Sept. 2019. The other four were not so they were allowed to participate in COB.

By: zoey
#2  by: Really   

I don’t believe csulb and fsl are open to expanding Greek life here. It would be great to have Alpha Epsilon Phi here on campus, however it would be difficult to have it chartered here. Establishing an Alpha Epsilon Phi colony would require a lot of time and commitment from their alumni members of the organization and the nationals would have to be supportive of the colony becoming a recognized chapter.

By: Really

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.