facebook

To the wannabe USC person on here

by:

To the person who is on here trying to turn this school into USC,

You're getting super annoying. If you wanted to go to USC , you should have just gone there or to Chapman or Pepperdine or some other school with a USC vibe. This school isn't set up that way.

Also, quit trying to get Kappa Kappa Gamma on at this school. There is no evidence that they even want to come on at this school, and even if they did, it wouldn't be a good fit. Kappa Kappa Gamma is home to Olivia Jade and Tiffany Trump. Certainly not the vibe most of us are going for at this school.

Posted By: 49
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by:    

KKG like many NPC sororities has had a chapter close for a variety of reasons. They still have local chapters at USC, UCLA, CSUN.

If they or KAT, PBPhi, etc..wanted to come to CSULB (if open to expansion) they'd have local support through alumnae and chapters.

By: Senior
by: butSep 27, 2019 11:59:00 AM

those sororities aren't really in line with the lifestyle we have here a the Beach. I don't think their intensity would work out well here.

By: but
#2  by:    

Actually all NPC sororities including KKG, KAT, etc...are "in line" with the lifestyle at the Beach. They do exactly the same things as any other sorority: philanthropy, formals, date parties, chapter meetings, etc..
The "intensity" comes from the campus traditions and its Greek System.

These sororities would be as laid back as any other CSULB chapter because that is the campus vibe.

by: @ SeniorSep 28, 2019 1:19:36 AM

so then why are you trying so hard to get the USC chapters on here?

By: @ Senior
by: SeniorSep 28, 2019 8:11:12 AM

What do you mean "USC chapter?" Do you mean you have an issue with National Panhellenic Sororities that happen to have chapters at USC? If you have a problem with them, then I hope you are not a member of Alpha Phi, Tri-Delta, Delta Gamma or Gamma Phi Beta cuz they're "USC Chapters" too. Do you have a problem with Alpha Chi Omega, Kappa Alpha Theta, Alpha Delta Pi, Pi Beta Phi? These sororities have chapters at UCSB, UCLA, San Diego State and oh no USC!

I can't bring chapters to this campus. That's only going to happen if CSULB and our Panhellenic are open to expansion. The two of the three sororities that left in the 1970's (SK and ZTA) have already returned. AEPHi has not but if they don't want to come back, then why not be open to a sorority with strong backing from their national, local alumnae and other chapters at schools like UCLA, UCI, CSUF, LMU, and USC that can help them recruit.

by: hmmSep 29, 2019 8:18:39 PM

I do see both sides of this. I feel like DG tries really hard to be like they are at USC, where as the other sorties are more chill and go along more with the vibe.

By: hmm
#3  by:    

Chi Omega would be great fit here. Strong national backing, local chapters, and alumnae support.

by: Re seniorSep 28, 2019 5:50:41 PM

Chi omega is nice sorority and does good nationally, however we don’t have many chapters of them in California. It would probably be best if our school went with a chapter that has more alumnae support in California like Kappa Kappa Gamma, Alpha Chi Omega, Pi Beta Phi, or Alpha Gamma Delta. I really wish we had Chi omega or Kappa Delta here, but we don’t have that many chapters of them here in California. The sorority and Panhellenic would have to decide if they want to colonize here anyways and our university would have to approve it.

By: Re senior
by: geeeshOct 5, 2019 12:25:34 PM

First of all the proper word "well" not "good" for how they do nationally. Also, there are loads of great Chi Omega Chapters in California. I'm not the O.P. and I agree the person was a little intense, but you do seem obsessed with bringing Kappa Kappa Gamma on to Long Beach State. It is sort of weird.

By: geeesh
#4  by:    

Usc chapters?!!! Panhellenic conference has 26 sororities at universities across the country. The sororities are not exclusive to only USC.
We have sorority chapters here at the beach that exist at USC too Alpha Phi, Delta Delta Delta, Delta Gamma, and Gamma Phi Beta.
We also have Tau Kappa Epsilon, Zeta Beta Tau, Theta Chi, Kappa Sigma, Pi Kappa phi, pi Kappa alpha.
Having the same Greek organizations doesn’t mean we are like USC.

By: Wow
#5  by:    

Sigma delta tau or alpha delta pi would be a great fit here.

By: Beach Greeks
#6  by:    

Chi Omega, Phi Mu, or Kappa Kappa Gamma

By: Gal
by: /Oct 1, 2019 11:35:53 AM

Yes to Chi Omega and Phi Mu. No to Kappa.

By: /
#7  by:    

to the person who said DG tries to hard to be like USC, wdym? I’m in a diff sorority here myself but I have friends in DG who are just as normal as my own sisters.

By: me
by: @meOct 5, 2019 3:11:55 PM

I'm not the one who said it, but I do agree that there is just something a little off about DG. A lot of them do seem to be trying to be something they're not. Just a weird group of peeps.

By: @me
by: ^@meOct 17, 2019 10:05:43 PM

I agree that DG at this school sort of has an inferiority complex, and it might be because they compare themselves to their uSC chapter.

By: ^@me
by: yeahOct 21, 2019 12:24:09 PM

most people besides dg would agree that dg has got something weird about them. they just aren't an authentic group of girls.

By: yeah
by: hmmmOct 27, 2019 10:39:24 PM

DG may be a little weird but you have to give it to them for being a really diverse group of girls for a top house

By: hmmm
by: @hmmm^Oct 28, 2019 12:07:04 AM

There is nobody at this school that think dg is a top house. They are diverse in body size and I do give them a lot credit for that. Other than that, they are no more diverse than any other house.

By: @hmmm^
by: hmmmm ^^Oct 28, 2019 2:35:48 AM

during recruitment literally every girl in my group had some combination of DG, DZ, Gphi, & Aphi as their top choices each of the days. There were lots of competition so I would consider all four to be top houses. It’s up to personal opinion as everyone’s personality is different but on terms of competitiveness to get in, all four were equal from what I saw in other Rho groups as well.

By: hmmmm ^^
by: lolliOct 29, 2019 11:21:02 AM

Same for my group during recruitment. Everyone wanted APHI, GPHI, DG or DZ throughout the week.

By: lolli
#8  by:    

Alpha Gamma Delta

By: tea
#9  by:    

KKG, KAT, PBP, AXO, or XO!!!

By: Lilly
#10  by:    

Alpha gamma delta or chi omega

By: Great

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.