facebook

curious about the diversity between frats and sororit

by: Curious

Are there any sororities that guys are able to join or is it split where fraternities are for guys and sororities are for women?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Greek Life info here :)   

Hello! Panhellenic conference sororities are only for women and Ifc fraternities are only for men. our campus has Panhellenic sororities, ifc fraternities, cultural sororities and fraternities, Black greek letter organizations such as the divine nine, and professional fraternities.

Professional fraternities that are service organizations however can be coed such as delta sigma pi or alpha kappa psi which are considered to be business fraternities. Professional fraternities are different from traditional sororities and fraternities and may be focused on a certain major such as medical, engineering, business, performing arts, etc. They have a different recruitment process as well.

Here are all the traditional social sororities and fraternities at CSULB

The ifc fraternities which are governed by inter-fraternity council are delta chi, kappa sigma, phi gamma delta,, phi kappa psi, phi kappa tau, pi kappa alpha, pi kappa phi, delta lambda phi, sigma pi, tau kappa epsilon

The Panhellenic conference sororities are alpha omicron pi, alpha phi, delta delta delta, delta gamma, delta zeta, gamma phi beta, sigma kappa, and zeta tau alpha are Panhellenic conference, theta chi, and zeta beta tau

Sorry This was a lot of writing. Hope this helps explain it all. :)

By: Greek Life info here :)
by: Greek Life info here :)Jun 12, 2019 8:08:03 PM

forgot to list theta chi and zeta beta tau which are also ifc fraternities .

By: Greek Life info here :)
by: CuriousJun 13, 2019 12:55:01 PM

Thank you it was very helpful...I've never been apart of one myself so I was quite curious. Appreciate the answer.

By: Curious
#2  by: sorority   

Delta Lambda Phi is not an IFC fraternity.

By: sorority
#3  by: Greek life info here :)   

Correction: Delta Lambda phi is a under cultural greek council not IFC.

By: Greek life info here :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.