facebook

whats up with the fraternity? what to rush? fall 2

by: JR

So Im trying to figure out what to rush fall 2013, not looking for a top party house, but something more well rounded, still looking to party but im taking other things in mind, you know good rep, mature dudes, active in extracurricular , good relationship with most houses. If your a girl help me out before i join the pervy/looser house .
Thanks

Posted By: JR
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Greek goddess   

Sigma Pi has great parties carries the deans cup in academics ok guys pretty athletic but jerks to other fraternities

By: Greek goddess
#2  by: Phi tau   

Phi tau has all the qualities

By: Phi tau
#3  by: JR   

Also do you guys or girls know anything about hazing. Cause I don't drink, and I'm defiantly not gonna let a fraternity decide what's right for me. I'm willing to participate and contribute . Anyways I'm leaning more towards pi kappa phi since it seems they do a lot of philanthropy activities .. I guess we will just see when school starts .
Thanks guys

By: JR
#4  by: Anonymous_Girl   

Theta chi are not really involved on campus, so you don't really see them as often as other groups. They attend a few events, but they need to start having more events. Their house is a small store inside of the middle of the ghetto. So since they arent as involved as other groups, then they aren't that well rounded, which is what youre looking for.

Delta Chi is a good group and I have some guy friends in it. The only thing is that they are a really big group, so not everyone is as close, also they have bad relations with their family programs. Every fraternity has their own traditions, and DChi has some weird ones in my own opinion. Also, theyre not that safe for girls. Unless youre the girlfriend of one of them, which doesnt apply to you.

ZBT has a lot of nice guys in it and has a house, but the only thing is that they are really expensive, so its mainly a bunch of guys with a lot of money.

To wrap it all up, I tried to make my opinions not biased, but the best thing that you can do is check out all the houses! good luck and I hope you find the best house for you.

My recommendations to checkout are: Pi Kappa Phi (PiKap), Tau Kappa Epsilon (TKE) , Pi Kappa Alpha (PIKE)

Ones that i don't think are for you are: Sigma Alpha Epsilon (SAE), Sigma Pi (SigPi), and Theta Chi (Theta Chi).

By: Anonymous_Girl
#5  by: Anonymous   

Sigma. Chi. Sigma. Is. A. Good. Choice. They. Will. Be. Re-Installed. As. A. Sigma. Chi. Chapter. Sometime. Around. November. 2013. They. Were. A. Sigma. Chi. Chapter. From. 1970. To. Around. 1997. This. Current. Group. Has. It. Together.

By: Anonymous
#6  by: Humble Guy   

To be completely honest this website is filled with so many lies about each fraternity. Don't listen to any other posts or check out each fraternity ranking on this crap ball of a website. The only way you can truly find the right fraternity is by checking out each fraternity individually and deciding what house you really want to join.

By: Humble Guy
#7  by: 1906   

I have a problem with rating houses on sites like greek rank, as most of the time the voting is done by either people who really like a house or really hate a house. A house can also easily be considered high tier one year and low the next, as with each pledge class there are hiccups and things that can go wrong. That being said, the best policy is to check out as many houses as possible.

The houses I'd say are a MUST for at least stopping by one night are the following:

Pi Kapp
Phi Tau
Sig Pi
Kappa Sig

By: 1906
#8  by: Honest   

The long review was a good one. SAE, sigma Pi, kappa sig are all the party animals. They love to haze (seen it first hand), And they are youre typical frat bro. My recommendations are Pi kapp, like to party but they do have some focus on academics, delta chi has a very strong brotherhood, yes they do have their weird apples but you can out look that. Theta chi is ok, phi kappa tau (phi tau) loves sports! Fiji, sigma chi, pike and phi psi wouldn't be my first choice but they do have great guys you might find some that you connect with. TKE use to be bottom tier but they are really improving! Yes, they won heartthrob which is a huge competition between the fraternities. I can see them moving on up these next semesters. Good luck, keep an open mind.

By: Honest
#9  by: greekman   

As someone whos in a fraternity right now at csulb id recommend checking out as many as you can. That being said each has their own strengths and weaknesses. the ones id recommend checking out would be pi kappa phi, theta chi, kappa sigma, sigma pi, and pi kappa alpha. the most important thing is choose who you can picture yourself being life long friends with cause that is what it is ultimately about. the group of guys you choose will be the ones standing next to you at your wedding, birthdays, etc. and if you think you made the wrong first choice, theres always de-pledging and rushing the following semester if necessary.
Good luck!

By: greekman
#10  by: Anonymous   

Do you guys know how the bid process works I've checked out 3 houses in total , 2 of them gave me a bid first hand and the other I just went and didn't get anything, although I really like that one, and heard they have been giving out bids to others , is it usually done in person or do they have a final say at the end? I really connected strongly with about 5 brothers and talked to a lot more but just very quickly, as I was about to leave . I probably should have talked more to the rush chair and president. Anyways I don't think I'll be able to make any more rush events. Would the 5 or 6 brothers be allowed to vouch for me or is it really just about getting to know the rush chair and president ? Thanks guys

By: Anonymous

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.