facebook

How competitive is freshman rush

by: Curious

Can you guys give me any advice to get into Greek life next year I am an incoming freshman what can I do to increase my chances of getting a bid. What should I also avoid in order to not get black listed?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Dawg   

Panhellenic (women’s recruitment) - join other clubs/participate in class and meet women who are in sororities. Sign up for the meal interest list. Come to recruitment feeling your best, whatever that means to you. There are lots of YouTube videos and blogs that give tops tips for going through recruitment - I won’t repeat them all here, but they all have great advice. Also, be open to any chapter. If you decide ahead of time that you won’t join a chapter because of other people’s opinions of that chapter, you’re reducing your chances by 14%. Also, by only listing one sorority on Pref night, you reduce your chances of getting any bid at all by about 10%, depending on the year.

Guys - go to Frat events, especially the ones they have at their houses during fall, like barbecues, football, whatever. Sit next to Frat guys in class. Laptop stickers are your friend. Go to parties if that’s your thing, and don’t ignore the guys. Also, don’t be a creep. That will pretty much blacklist you from every frat. If you can narrow it down to two frats for recruitment, go to three events for each. Generally, all the guys’ orgs want you to go to MINIMUM two events to get a bid, so if you decide you hate one during recruitment, figure that out on day one so you can go to two at another.

By: Dawg
by: Pledge MasterMay 8, 2021 7:00:14 PM

The upper tier Frats (Delt, sig, snu) will want you to go to the majority of their events during rush before giving you a bid.

By: Pledge Master

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.