facebook

feeling alone in a house full of people

by: sorority girl

here lately, I’ve been feeling so incredibly lonely in my sorority. I’m in what others would consider a “top house,” so I was thrilled to join what I thought would be an amazing sisterhood. I went in so excited to meet new girls and to make genuine relationships, but I just don’t think I have. There’s always someone else that they go to before me. I have friends, but I’m no one’s “best friend.” I don’t have anyone that I could “see as one of my bridesmaids.” I’m always the one initiating plans, never the one that’s invited. I tell my “friends” about my highs and my lows, and get nothing or a “that sucks” in response despite how I always try to go out of my way to make their bright days brighter and their bad days a little better. It just seems as if I am an option, sometimes one of the last options, never put first.

For some peace of mind, is there anyone else out there that has felt this way/feels this way? no matter what sorority you’re in?

and no, I’m not a new member

Posted By: sorority girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Don’t be shy   

Might as well name the house to warn pnm’s

By: Don’t be shy
#2  by: hi   

hey friend! just wanted to say that this feeling is incredibly common in any sorority! one thing to try to keep in mind is that there are always people who join after you, like a little or a great grand little who might end up being your best friend. i definitely felt like this my freshman year and make good friends but not a best friend sophomore year and then made my two best friends junior and senior year! only one perspective, but your feelings are valid and keep being you because you’re a treasure :)

By: hi
#3  by: BuDog   

That’s Greek life for you. I Made a mistake of joining Greek life at Butler, because for me at least the people I am most enjoy socializing with turned out to be independents from my classes. Unfortunately i did not realize this until this year and I feel cut off from the rest of campus being in my Greek house. If you and your family arent apart of the upper class, it can be quite difficult to relate to others. Just my personal take on it.

By: BuDog

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.