facebook

Honest Rankings (from someone in a mid house)

by: pnmnm

Everyone always argues about specifics in rank, but hear me out.

Upper Tier:
Zeta, Adpi, and Phi Mu are traditionally in the top half. Why? good retention, no COB because they ACTUALLY meet quota- you can't argue w the numbers. Just look at their instagrams and you'll see they didn't have to do COB as opposed to every other chapter. Which is seemingly what keeps them on top, but idk.

In terms of mixers, all three of those sororities clearly have their pick of frats to mix with, and have sweethearts at a lot of different houses.

Again, there will always be jealous girls from any of these three downvoting this post bc they don't want a house they're usually competitive with to get grouped in as being as "good" as they are. Take for example all of the ZTAs downvoting ADPi's page and the ADPis downvoting ZTAs. But from someone who literally got dropped by these and ended up in a "mid" sorority, these three are widely regarded as the best sororities on campus. If you see downvotes, my point is proven lol!!

Middle:
Alpha Xi, APhi, Alpha Gam are middle- they usually have COB (my sorority did this past spring), don't always meet quota during formal recruitment, and they aren't known for being the most attractive or get the most mixers. DESPITE THIS, these three all have strong sisterhoods, and if you fit in with the girls you'll have an amazing time. We still get fun mixers, great date nights, and a true sisterhood that can’t compare to anything else. But it’s true that some frats just don’t pay attention to us because they think we’re mid compared to other houses. At the end of the day it isn’t a huge deal and you’ll get past it.

Bottom:
AChiO and Theta.
I hate having to rank sororities as bottom, but to be honest this is mainly on reputation, not sisterhood. Theta is a very new sorority, it's only been here for like 8 years, which is a big reason why they aren't cohesive or "good." They barely get a PC in the first place, have a lot of people drop, and have heavy COB. Hopefully they get stronger but that won't happen for a while. I can't speak on their sisterhood because I barely know 1 person in Theta, so I won't say anything about that. AChiO has gotten better (?) recently, but still they're not a cohesive group of girls. They seem to really like each other, but keep to themselves.

Anyways take this as you will! Just giving my thoughts after finishing my 3rd year in greek life :-) Good luck to any PNMs and remember that "rank" isn't everything, what really matters is if you make a home in the house that you end up in. I've had the most fulfilling three years in a "middle tier" sorority and wouldn't change my experience for the world!!

Posted By: pnmnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: dhsiksao   

switch aphi & adpi and achio & alpha gam then this checks

By: dhsiksao
by: ahahahaJun 8, 2023 10:14:01 AM

more like switch aphi and achio

By: ahahaha
by: laughableJun 8, 2023 4:24:32 PM

Nobody would put APhi as top exept APhi.

By: laughable
#2  by: No one thinks this   

"Everyone always argues..." no, honey, they don't.

By: No one thinks this
#3  by: uhm   

hun... ok lmfao. this reeks of aphi or zeta trying to cover before rush. good try calling yourself mid and then bashing perfectly good sisterhoods tho!

By: uhm
#4  by: Let's fix that   

You absolutely cannot go wrong with PM, AXO, AXD, AGD, or ADP. Consistent, established excellence from year to year each with a slightly different vibe, but strong houses all. If you want to be part of something less established that is new-ish and still finding its way, KAT is off to a great start. You will be hit or miss with APhi and ZTA, who are both more concerned with their image being better than everyone else to actually be nice to people in frats and other sororities. Don't get us started on how they treat non-Greeks. Too focused on trying to be the 'hot' ones, hard partyers, not so great sisterhood causing consistent drops from year to year.

By: Let's fix that
by: ^Jun 8, 2023 12:09:29 PM

They aren't exactly nice to each other either. Lots of infighting in these two and new members have said it's hard to make friends.

By: ^
#5  by: lmao   

zta had like 15 COBs last year what are you even talking about lol

By: lmao
by: okayAug 16, 2023 7:15:10 AM

they did not COB

By: okay
by: yeah they didAug 16, 2023 11:13:59 AM

They have drops so they COB. Girls I know say it is hard to make friends in Zeta. The personalities tend to be 'intense' and most are focused on going out and on what others think about them.

By: yeah they did
#6  by: lordy   

Just speak the truth, AXO dropped you.

By: lordy
by: hi axoAug 16, 2023 2:19:46 PM

pls axo doesnt drop anyone

By: hi axo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.