facebook

accurate and balanced sorority descriptions

by: graduatingAndIdgaf

Zta
Used to be known for being the most promiscuous/partying sorority, but they don't have a corner on that market anymore. More diverse than adpi/phi mu and are more involved than they get credit for. That diversity makes them a good example of where greek life needs to go. Always top tier, but the more ambitious girls go elsewhere.

adpi
average adpi is a blonde business major. Supposedly "southern" but lets face it, no group at tech is really southern. Not even KA (aka people who own trucks but are just from johns creek). Adpi is almost less involved on campus than zeta, and generally seen as disengaged. They're likely the most attractive chapter, and certainly are one of the most sought after by relevant fraternities. Adpi is the most SEC style sorority gatech has, but it's quite there yet.

alpha phi
ALWAYS on the rise. They started from the bottom almost a decade ago, and now they can hold their own against any other chapter. Alpha phi gets better each year. They are diverse in race, major, interests, activities... I think that's a pretty good thing. They have a wide appeal, but are generally seen as the crazy partiers ("if it hurts when you pee...." that's a dumb rhyme that can work with half greek letter orgs names. But i've heard it more about alpha phi than anyone). BUT in reality they are more complex than that (but isn't' everyone?)

phi mu
Athletic, chill, ambitious, "guys girl"... from many points of view, Phi Mu is Tech's best sorority. AXO, Phi Mu, and AGD seem to have the most impressive older members, so Phi Mu must be doing something right to recruit and develop very respected members. They are sought after and have a lot of spirit. Smart too.

Alpha chi
Kinda like phi mu, but a little more quirky. Like, if yo girl is a bro, then she's likely alpha chi. Alpha chis love alpha chi, but there are some notable divisions within the sorority (personality, interests, morality...). They are the smartest and most driven academically, and are more fun than phi mu/zeta/adpi despite being overall a weaker organization.

agd
AGD gets more crap than it deserves. If you want to be successful, then be an AGD. Most people would say they are the least attractive but that's just not what they are going for I think. EVERY sorority (except theta) interacts/mixes with/is connected to the best fraternities simply because we have freaking 32 fraternities for 8 sororities. AGD has great sisterhood and lots of spirit as a group. Certainly more wholesome than other chapters, but they have plenty of wild members. A good way to describe an agd is a girl who has sleepovers with disney singalongs (wholesome).

axd
AXD is a mystery to me. That's my bias in writing this. BUT they kinda have a little bit of everything: diverse personalities, interests, majors, affiliations, and diverse stereotypes. They have been described as smart and as wild partiers. Probably more on the wild side than the academic side. But just like their house is way out there, so are they. Which isn't bad.

theta
Too new, too unestablished, and too unknown to say anything. Alpha Phi has blossomed into a great organization over the years, so maybe we will see the same from Theta. They are definitely leaning more the AGD way than the Zeta way like Alpha Phi did.

Ranking:
Tier 1
adpi/phi mu/zeta
Tier 2
Axo/alpha phi
Tier 3
axd/agd

too new to have a place: theta

Posted By: graduatingAndIdgaf
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: graduatingAndIdgaf   

okay i was trying to be funny with this, but reading what I wrote I stand by everything i said.

By: graduatingAndIdgaf
by: YoureAnAPhiAndDGAFFeb 28, 2018 10:01:58 PM

Alpha phi is way over ranked, sorry. Its most peoples opinions that theyre down there with theta, and you put them over not only AGD BUT AXiD too?? You are mist definitely lost in that APhi sauce...

Love alpha phi and half of my highschool friends are there and love it but even they know that they have a few notorious groups that like to be catty and ruin things. Its a shame because there are some really amazing girls there and the name is great.

By: YoureAnAPhiAndDGAF
by: graduatingAndIdgafMar 1, 2018 8:54:08 PM

Sorry to shake up the status quo buts it’s time to look at what’s really going on!

#2  by: huh   

Apparently this is APhi's way of trying to distract from their large number of upperclassmen drops.

By: huh
#3  by: Truth Hurts   

Wow. These are literally THE WORST rankings on here hands down. This is clearly an Alpha Phi because they only ever rip on Alpha Xi because APhi thinks they're competition but AXiD couldn't care less. Alpha Phi has never been and never will be top tier, especially with their attitudes.

Real talk:
Phi Mu/Zeta/ADPi
AXiD/AXO
APhi
AGD/Theta

By: Truth Hurts
by: graduatingAndIdgafMar 1, 2018 8:49:29 PM

I am in a fraternity and I dknt spend much time with alpha phis. But this is what guys are thinking/saying. Sorry. Alpha Phi > AXD, AGD

by: SureMar 2, 2018 7:06:55 AM

You're trying awful hard with your sorority posts on this board for someone "in a fraternity" LMAO

By: Sure
by: Re: "guy in a fraternity"Mar 2, 2018 1:41:11 PM

Says the Alpha Phi, per the usual APhi MO

By: Re: "guy in a fraternity"

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.