facebook

best sororities for a northern girl?

by: gt2021

so I'm planning to rush in the fall and I am from the north. I have an acquaintance from my high school who is in a sorority at gt and she said that some sororities have more northern girls and I wouldn't fit in as well in the "southern" sororities but I am not sure if this is true.

I don't want to name any sorority names, but are there some sororities that are more southern and some that are more northern? she also made it sound like it's a difference between being more laid back/chill vs. conservative/stuck up. just want to know how accurate this is. I am super nervous about rush.

thanks!

Posted By: gt2021
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Southern GT Girl   

Hey gt2021, welcome to Tech! It seems that your acquaintance is already rushing you for her house and trying to influence you before you even get down here. I can pretty much guess which one from what you said but I won't name names either. First of all, it's not about northern/southern because every house here has a majority of girls from the south - not surprising since we are in Atlanta - and also a mix of girls from everywhere else. No house will judge you based on where you are from, so don't be nervous that being from the north will automatically limit you to certain houses. Second, don't try to form opinions through someone else's filter. You need to keep an open mind and come down here and meet us in person, through actual recruitment, to find your home; don't try to go through some kind of pre-recruitment on greekrank. We can't wait to meet you!

By: Southern GT Girl
#2  by: hey   

omg what this girl told you is not true at all! my house is considered "southern" (as in there are just a lot of chapters located at southern schools) but if I had to guess I would say we have about 50% out of state and 50% in state. it literally does not matter where you are from when you are rushing. do not listen to this girl, things you read on greekrank, or ANYONE else. I promise your rush experience will be so much better if you don't let anyone else sway you, but it seems like you already know that. good luck!

By: hey
#3  by: Haha   

Your friend is def an APhi or AXD.

By: Haha
#4  by: Form North Too   

I wouldn't worry. I am from the north and when I went through recruitment I decided to wait because I didn't know much about sororities. Honestly, give it a shot and just be yourself. That's all that matters. Focus on the girls you talk to, it's based on that, not about the title of the sorority. You'll be with these girls a lot so pick the people you feel most comfortable around, otherwise you won't enjoy it!

By: Form North Too

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.