facebook

thinking about rushing

by: lmk

im transferring in next fall as a second year and i wanted to get to know a bit about a few frats that i was thinking of rushing for. Especially what are the chances of getting a bid if im not white and as a second year
beta
ato
sig chi
sae
sig ep

Posted By: lmk
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: DontHazeMeBro   

Rush wherever you want. Georgia Tech fraternities honestly don't discriminate. The stereotype exists because people perpetuate it so those kinds of students don't rush the fraternities that "stereotypically don't take those kids." The only exception might be KA but even that's a stereotype.

By: DontHazeMeBro
#2  by: chances   

You have zero chance at any of these houses if you don't rush them. Being a second year will not put you at a disadvantage. Being not white will not put you at a disadvantage either, unless it is in your own mind. There are not many non-whites at these houses so there is a perception among rushees that non-whites may not be welcome, but this is not true. The most important thing at my house, which is one of those you listed, is if we think you are a good fit. Visit all the houses and be confident in yourself and you will find your people. And please don't call us "frats."

By: chances
by: ...Mar 2, 2017 6:07:24 PM

I'm sorry, but do people really get offended when you say the word "frat"? That's a bit much

By: ...
by: ^Mar 3, 2017 6:47:04 AM

Look, somebody's just trying to help you out with a bit of advice. It's not about being offended, but if you talk about being "frat" or "fratty" or your "frat bros" you wouldn't be a good fit at certain houses.

By: ^
#3  by: Dude   

If you're on here for fraternity advice, you should definitely rush at Alpha Sigma Phi or Phi Kappa Tau. Great guys!

By: Dude

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.