facebook

sorority stereotype and ranking?

by: gt

Sorry to be this person but genuinely interested in rushing next year and I know youre supposed to have an "open mind" but wanted to hear from unbiased people about top tier/middle tier/bottom tier and general impressions and stereotypes you see in the houses

Posted By: gt
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sorry yourself   

Is this alpha phi starting it up again ... please give it a rest...

By: sorry yourself
#2  by: Here you go....   

ZTA/Phi Mu - Very different groups, but both top. ZTA is hotter and more social. Phi Mu is classier and more involved.

ADPi - Just below top. Pretty and social, but not as desired as the top two overall. Lots of drama.

Alpha Xi - Very involved. Seem to have a strong sisterhood
AXO - Diverse mix of girls, but seem to enjoy their chapter. Also very involved in campus organizations

Alpha Phi - Some pretty girls, but reputation issues persist
Alpha Gam - Nice girls. Pretty house. Seem to enjoy being together. I like them and would love to see them be more selective and move up.

Theta - New, so hard to say. They are very strong nationally and have a great chapter at UGA. I think they will be a very competitive chapter here within 5 years.

By: Here you go....
by: Thank you Phi MuFeb 27, 2017 4:32:32 PM

You can always tell when a Phi Mu posts a ranking. Phi Mus always rank themselves at the top with ZTA, with ADPi ranked one step below. Phi Mus also make an effort to say something nice about each house. Criticisms are stated gently & there are no attacks on other sororities for their looks. May not agree with the self-ranking or all of the remarks, but do appreciate the attempt to encourage other houses with positive comments.

Have only one question. Why do you always feel the need to create a new tier for ADPi? What is "just below top"? Is that different from "upper mid"? It's no secret that ADPi's were not as competitive during rush last year & that the girls they wanted went to many other sororities. ADPi's are as diverse in appearance as any other sorority at GT. Not a bad thing, just an observation. But in light of ADPi's established track record for unkindness toward each other & unkindness toward other sororities, why not give them an honest ranking? Are you afraid they'll retaliate if you upset the status quo?

By: Thank you Phi Mu
by: Wait, what?Feb 27, 2017 7:32:38 PM

@Thank You Phi Mu. I'm not certain what you're saying. Your post seems at first to put down Phi Mu and then you seem to end up by asking why they are not more harsh towards ADPi. Do you feel that Phi Mu should not be considered top tier?

I'm also not certain why you assume this was a Phi Mu. I think, while many people may agree that reputation, grades, strong local alumni support, etc. keep ADPi at or near top tier, they may currently be considered just below ZTA and Phi Mu for exactly the reasons you listed. Where would you "honestly" rank them?

By: Wait, what?
by: I'll biteFeb 28, 2017 1:28:58 AM

PM, AZD and AXO are three great sororities who really don't seem to give a rat's ass about ranks and tiers, or feel that they have to put other houses down in order to feel better about themselves. They seem more confident in themselves and happier in their chapters.

By: I'll bite
#3  by: ??   

Not an alpha phi trying to "start" stuff, but a non greek student genuinely curious as to why alpha phis have such terrible reps. Scrolled through many ranking posts saying alpha phis are "ratchet" or "weird"

By: ??
by: ^Feb 27, 2017 9:59:02 AM

Hahahaha we knew this post was about alpha phi; you just proved it! LOL

By: ^
#4  by: Super senior   

From what I think as an "old man" in a fraternity

ADPi: More Southern like to stick to the more laid back fraternities, don't go out much but are very attractive and good girlfriends.

ZTA: Also Southern like to go out are a lot of fun and know how to have a good time, very pretty, great to be friends with.

Phi Mu: Kind of booky don't see much of them around campus except a few clubs that they run. Pretty, good study buddies.

Alpha Xi: A mix kind of changed from the party sorority to a more laid back version. Some are pretty some aren't they don't seem to let it bother them, fun for date nights.

Alpha Gamma Delta: Not the greatest looking or most involved, what they lack in looks Is made up for in personality, genuinely nice and compassionate.

Alpha Chi Omega: Not the greatest looks but driven. They lead a whole bunch of clubs, if they cared half as much about putting on makeup as being leaders on campus they would be gorgeous.

Alpha Phi: New some pretty some not. Don't really have a fit on campus yet there is a mix they have been changing for years. Disclaimer I dislike Alpha Phis and don't want to get into specifics, made sure my sister didn't join them. So consider this one biased.

Kappa Alpha Theta: Too new don't know anything much about them. They seem to have support which is always good. We need more sororities on campus so I hope they do well.

By: Super senior
by: It always happens...Mar 9, 2017 10:19:53 AM

How to determine whether a post is made by a girl trying to promote her sorority: The first thing they tell you is that they're a "guy".

It never fails

By: It always happens...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.