facebook

sorority spring rush

by: freshie

Is there any way to rush a sorority in the spring? I decided not to in the fall and I regret it now that I've met so many amazing greek women

Posted By: freshie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yes but   

There is no recruitment period in the spring but a couple of houses may choose to give out a few bids if they want to get their numbers up to chapter total. Your best bet is to wait for fall recruitment so you can rush all the houses.

By: yes but
#2  by: wait   

Wait for fall to rush! I was in the exact same position as you my freshman year and I waited till sophomore fall to rush. A couple chapters may be doing a small informal recruitment (theta for sure) but I would highly recommend waiting.

By: wait
#3  by: Maybe   

A couple of chapters may give out bids if they need to increase numbers. Let the Greek women that you met know that you are interested in joining a sorority and they might suggest you for a bid.
If you really don't want to wait theta will likely hold an informal recruitment January because they have less members.
If you don't have a specific house in mind I reccomend waiting so you can see which one is the best bet

By: Maybe
#4  by: Also   

Does anyone know which sororities other than theta will be doing informal recruitment? I have a couple that I'm specifically interested in

By: Also
by: WellJan 2, 2017 2:12:55 PM

If you know members at those houses then just ask them if they are doing informal and tell them you are interested, but don't get your hopes up. Please do listen to all the other comments on this thread that have the best advice; wait until fall so you can go to ALL the houses and find your BEST FIT, not what you think you want right now by knowing only a handful of girls.

By: Well
by: wellJan 3, 2017 4:42:09 PM

It's not publicly advertised if a chapter is doing informal recruitment, except for theta. Some other chapters may be taking a few girls in the spring. I know AXO did last year. Zeta, Phi Mu, and ADPi never do informal recruitment. But if you know any girls in sororities you'll have to ask them, or they will reach out to you to invite you to an informal event.

By: well
#5  by: wellll   

ZTA has been doing informal recruitment all semester ..

By: wellll
#6  by: Truth   

Not true about Zeta, Phi Mu, and ADPi never doing informal recruitment. ALL the older chapters at Tech have done informal and/or given out spring bids and will continue to do so from time to time. This includes AXiD, ADPi, AXO, Zeta, AGD, and Phi Mu. It has depended on how many of their seniors graduated in December and will graduate in May and where they stand with their total chapter membership. Sometimes they have held informal events and other times they have given out only a few bids to girls they already know. Each year is different.

By: Truth
#7  by: spring rush   

Theta is doing spring recruitment for sure

By: spring rush
#8  by: Gt   

Theta is recruiting in the spring.

By: Gt

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.