facebook

why are freshman only rushing one side of campus??

by: Fraternity rush problems

It seems to me that the side of campus with theta chi, fiji, etc is getting alot more rushees than old row? Is anyone else seeing this? I heard that DU, theta chi got like 100 rushees the second night where as like sigma nu, ato, beta, SAE only got like 40... WHat is going on? Do freshman not realize there are quality fraternities on old row?

Posted By: Fraternity rush problems
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: well   

first of all calling it old row is ridiculous, this isn't bama and that's the only place where old row is actually a thing.

second those numbers aren't accurate, the "old row" guys you mentioned are getting more rushees than that but it has just been a slow rush this year.

By: well
by: Don't knowAug 21, 2016 11:18:24 PM

I think this might have some truth to it. I know sig nu has been doing really poorly when like Fiji theta chi and kappa sig have been getting a lot of guys. It doesn't make sense since "old row" and sigma chi are closer to the freshman housing

By: Don't know
by: WellAug 22, 2016 7:41:38 PM

Ok but you're just wrong. Nothing changes the fact that those fraternities were the first on campus, thus old row

By: Well
by: tAug 22, 2016 11:09:29 PM

I can confirm those places are seeing very low numbers. About 40 second night for most.

By: t
#2  by: Not true   

Calling it Old Row or fraternity row is just ridiculous. This isn't Alabama or Ole Miss. Be original not a poser

By: Not true
by: .Aug 23, 2016 10:02:52 AM

Couldn't agree more. Get off your high horse and stop sticking to the past

By: .
by: ^Aug 23, 2016 10:52:44 AM

Get off your defensive horse. OP was just trying to be descriptive. There is no "old row" moniker at Tech but when you read "old row" you knew exactly what geographical area he meant, didn't you? Fourth and Fowler. There are also old chapters not at Fourth and Fowler. You know who you are. Calm down - Tech has a long and solid fraternity tradition and saying "stop sticking to the past" just sounds jealous.

By: ^
#3  by: But   

Considering Pike and SAE have the most, I don't think location matters that much

By: But

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.