facebook

question about vegan in a sorority

by: Questions

Hi, I am thinking about rushing in the fall but am worried if being vegan will affect my chances. Are you required to buy the meal plan? Im predicting that there will not be a vegan options made in the sorority house. I know that meals together can be a big portion of the sorority bonding experience.

Posted By: Questions
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: gt girl   

I'm pretty positive that all of the houses require meal plan. It's part of your dues to encourage sisters to come to the house more. All of the houses have some sort of vegan/vegetarian option, just not a huge variety of foods if you're vegan

By: gt girl
#2  by: GT2   

All you need to do is talk with the house mother or chef about your needs and they will do what they can to accommodate you. You will not be the only one with dietary considerations, I promise.

By: GT2
#3  by: dont worry!   

i know a lot of vegans in sororities! you will be totally fine!

By: dont worry!
#4  by: sorority   

It definitely won't affect your chances during rush, like you won't be talking about it with girls during the rounds (well I hope.) I'm a vegetarian and I'll be honest, there's not always food I can eat at meals. I'd imagine being vegan would be even harder. I don't eat every meal at the house but obviously it's a waste of money to pay for a required meal plan you can't use. So you'll have to decide if you're okay with the fact that you'll be paying for a meal plan but still having to buy some of your own food.

By: sorority

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.