facebook

dont really care about rankings

by: but really tho

honestly enough with who's "top" and whatnot bc that doesn't really tell me anything lol. clearly i won't know where I'll fit in best until I go through rush but could anyone give me an honest description of what each sorority is like, what their strengths and general shared characteristics seem to be etc? or are all of them basically the same and the only variable is how often they party? not trying to go into rush biased, but also not totally blind so i'm just trying to get a look at any other perspectives besides who y'all think is bottom or top bc thats not really relevant haha

Posted By: but really tho
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: gt girl   

Next year, every sorority is going to have 200+ people in it. Your pledge class is going to have ~70 girls in it. There are going to be a huge variety of people in every place. The things that set one sorority apart from another are minor differences, and it's best to see for yourself what the differences are. You will get a chance to do this by going through formal recruitment. This website is going to give biased opinions. If you want to go into rush not totally blind I would suggest checking out each chapter's website, instagram, and tumblr. They will give you a look at each place's philanthropy, social events, and general personality.

By: gt girl
by: another gt girlAug 2, 2016 9:53:53 AM

Yep.

By: another gt girl
#2  by: honest   

I have at least one friend in every sorority, so I'm going to give an honest overview on them. The good thing about Greek life here is girls in all sororities are friends with each other despite the whole "tiers" thing. I'm not gonna lie a lot of us were concerned with that the first year, but soon you realize it's not important! Anyway here are the strengths of each sorority as I see it, and also what kind of girls are generally in each house.

Alpha Chi Omega: Smart, competitive girls. The older ones don't really go out but the most recent pledge class has more partiers. They are very into homecoming. Super involved in organizations on campus, often in leadership roles. Focused on school and many high-achieving girls.

Alpha Delta Gamma: Very sweet girls that everyone likes. I know they get a bad rap on here for whatever reason but I honestly don't know anyone who has a bad word to say about Alpha Gam. Lots of smart girls, seems like a big focus is placed on academics. Their house is absolutely gorgeous. Good sisterhood.

Alpha Delta Pi: They usually take girls who fit the Southern sorority stereotype. Most are from the Atlanta area or other parts of Georgia. However this has changed a lot with their two most recent pledge classes and there are more girls who don't fit this stereotype. Good social life and lots of girls go out, but there are also a lot of religious girls who don't.

-continued below-

By: honest
#3  by: honest   

Alpha Phi: They will no longer be the newest house on campus with the arrival of Theta this fall. Diverse group of girls, a lot from out of state. A lot of girls who like to party, but there is a wide mix of girls and some are studious, artsy, athletic, etc. Their current temporary house is really nice but their new house that they're building looks like it will be amazing.

Alpha Xi Delta: Good sisterhood and very involved. They are super into homecoming week. Another group that doesn't have a certain "niche" but rather a really wide range of girls. They have a good social life and some are big partiers.

Phi Mu: Takes a lot of "girl next door" types. Very sweet and social. A lot of super into their sisterhood. They are competitive and really into intramurals and their philanthropy, which is awesome. A lot of Southern girls but also girls from out of state. Their house is beautiful and they have the best food of any of the other houses.

Zeta Tau Alpha: Take a lot of typical "Southern sorority" types from the Atlanta area but also lots of out of state girls, especially from Texas and California. Good social life and lots of girls who like to go out. Their most recent pledge class is really involved and more diverse than before. New house remodeling looks gorgeous.

By: honest
#4  by: Houses   

I would say that the sorority houses, as in the actual physical houses, are all gorgeous inside and out. Anyone would be lucky to live in any of them.

By: Houses

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.