facebook

practical advice on recruitment/joining a sorority

by: Been There

This is what you need to understand, PNM's, and, if followed, will lead to your success:
•Go with your gut. This is, by far, the most important thing to remember. You will meet members at all the houses and will pick up on a feeling, a vibe, a connection (or not). Listen to this! What is the best for one person will be a disaster for another. Your heart knows best.
•Remember that you are joining a SISTERHOOD, not an honor society or campus organization that will gain you some kind of prestige. Sorority membership is not another notch on your resume of accomplishments. It is purely social – a place where you will feel at home, find your people, and have a refuge while you are at this really tough school.
•At Tech, you will not be defined or judged by your letters. That happens, falsely and questionably, on this site, and only on this site. You need to worry about your own reputation. Cute, sweet, fun – these traits are the key to your social life here and if you have all three you will be admired and welcomed anywhere. Membership in a particular sorority will not give or take away these qualities.
•The sororities are also choosing you. It may not work out for you at a particular house and you will be released. Please don’t let it get you down and force an emotional decision that you will regret. Give your other choices a chance.

Posted By: Been There
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Go Greek!!!   

Bump

By: Go Greek!!!
#12  by: bump   

Recruitment starts friday get ready!!!

By: bump
#13  by: Time to...   

BUMP!

By: Time to...
#14  by: Do this!   

Yes!

By: Do this!
#15  by: WelcomeHome   

Good luck today girls! Just remember the sororities want you and are going to be so happy to have you! I was deep down upset on bid day because I didn't match with my best friend's sorority but now I wouldn't have it any other way! Everything happens for a reason. Welcome home!

By: WelcomeHome
#16  by: Happy happy   

This is the day we've all been waiting for. See you tonight! ❤️💛💙💜

By: Happy happy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.