facebook

does joining a sorority even matter?

by: curious

The membership numbers seem small, no traditional housing. I want to go Greek and find a perfect sisterhood considering how large the campus and city is. Opinions?

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GreekGeek   

Despite how small greek is here, I promise you that it is worth it. It has opened up way more doors for me in college and I know at least triple the amount of people I did my first semester. Informal rush is coming up for the sororities, and mine in particular is bringing in a good amount of girls. As for rushing into a fraternity, there will be plenty of banners all over campus about who to contact. Give it a shot. The worst thing that could happen is you go to an event and you don't like it... don't go back then! But if you're even semi interested you should check it out

By: GreekGeek
#2  by: Pantherette   

It is worth it and is one of the few ways to really get plugged in on campus. No, the sororities aren't SEC school sized & don't have the grand mansions, but still have an average of around 80-90 members and they have townhouses if you're interested in living with your sisters. Def worth it.

By: Pantherette
#3  by: LoveGreek   

It honestly is an experience I don't regret when I look back at joining a sorority. I had considered it before college, but was still on the fence about it. Honestly, if I attended any other university, I would not being going through recruitment. However, at Georgia State it is definitely more relaxed. People are more inviting and diverse, and you have smaller sororities so you know everyone's name (trust me, at places like LSU and FSU, there are so many girls that you give up trying to know them all). It makes it more of a sisterhood because you get to meet amazing girls.

By: LoveGreek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.