facebook

update on current sorority standings?

by: incoming

After fall/spring recruitment, what are the current standings of State's sororities? Obviously the standings on the site are compromised from self ranking so.... any thoughts?

Posted By: incoming
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: :)   

1. zta
2. Dz
3. Phi Mu
4. AOPi
5. Alpha z

By: :)
by: IncomingApr 8, 2013 8:33:25 PM

Are there any certain stereotypes of the sororities? Obviously they are to be taken with a grain of salt.... But just wondering! Dz has moved up huh

By: Incoming
#2  by: :)   

well i would tie dz and phi mu honestly. and don't worry about the stereotypes, just go to rush and go with who you feel more comfortable!

by: AgreedApr 10, 2013 5:13:25 AM

I whole heartedly agree with the fact that you cannot listen to stereotypes when making your decision. You never want to look back and wish that you were in a different sorority, and you should definitely go where you feel at home, regardless of 'ranks', stereotypes or what have you. Each sorority has their good and bad, and it's just silly to try and decide which one is 'better' when each person may have a different opinion on what that means.

By: Agreed
#3  by: Seriously   

I'd like to add that's its blatantly obvious that an azd saw this post and gave 2 bad ratings at a time to every sorority but their own. They also self rank like no other.

By: Seriously
#4  by: greek   

let's just take this at face value--every sorority has their good and bad girls. rankings are often based on recruitment, and each chapter has a different quota they HAVE to take for their new pledge class. a majority of the rankings you find on here and elsewhere are girls in each sorority self-ranking themselves and posting negative comments on other sororities' posts to lower the ranking. both are equally as bad.

I suggest you go through it yourself, like the person who commented before. I checked all of these before recruitment and having an idea of where you want to go beforehand is NOT ideal. You will know where you belong, and it's okay. Just remember, you don't want to have sisters who will bash people so easily just because they have different letters than you do.

By: greek
#5  by: s   

AZD gets a bad rep for self ranking but actually I have a few friends there who were specifically told in chapter NOT to self rank or post anything on this site because obviously it leads to drama msot of the time. They really are improving, they just won Pikapps war of the roses and try and support every sorority.

every ranking is relative. ztas think theyre the best, dzs think they are the best. theres never going to be a clear ranking. go in with a CLEAR mind and don't listen to rankings because then you will pick a sorority for the wrong reasons

By: s
#6  by: :)   

is there going to be a DST line?

#7  by: Honest   

Going by this site --filtered!
ZTA -- not too many bad reviews, generally stated as sweet, pretty and have a decent sisterhood
Phi Mu -- top tier by name but outgoing and involved
Alpha Xi -- despite their "self-ranking" and hateful comments, when you read what most people are saying its that they're sweet and have a great sisterhood
Delta Zeta -- sweet, but hardly come out; really philanthropic
AOPi -- fallen off the map but great girls!!!

What people will tell you:
ZTA
Phi Mu
Delta Zeta
AOPi
Alpha Xi

Like someone else said everyone will think they are the best -- you have to keep an open mind though. You might find the perfect fit for you that is a complete 360 of what you thought would happen. Every sorority has something great to offer.

By: Honest
#8  by: update   

id say alpha xi delta has passed AOII but thats it

By: update

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.