facebook

recognition

by: Anonymous

I'm just going to throw this out there because I've been wondering about it ever since I got to Brandeis: What are the pros and cons for recognition by the school? And why isn't there a movement by Greek Life to gain recognition?

Posted By: Anonymous
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Fratboy   

Alright, recognition has a lot of perks. The most important one is that, if greek life is recognized then the frats and sororities receive funding by the administration of Brandeis. If you go to greek life outside of Brandeis, you will understand how different it is for them and how much easier it is that money is given to them by their respective school. Otherwise, other perks are that the greek organizations receive support from the school on different aspects such as housing, support etc.
But with recognition comes a set of rules that the school will place for greek organizations. Such as, rush policies, hazing policies, house policies etc. Which honestly, is alright because that comes with being in a college that recognizes greek life but the biggest problem is that Brandeis has a policy that "any group or organization they accept should have an open policy to accept any student that want to be part of it". Now obviously that works with losers like AePi, Adphi, DPhiE but with legitimate organizations, this is not alright because they do want to select their own prospective members.
Don't think it will be recognized for quite a while tbh.

By: Fratboy
#2  by: Anon   

It would definitely make parties safer and ZBT would not exist.

By: Anon
by: cambodiaFeb 22, 2015 2:19:07 PM

I'd like to make a very honest statement here. I am extremely glad ZBT exists. I am very close to greek life, this could mean that I am a member or that I am very good friends and always around a lot of people from greek life. But the idea is, I know a fair bit about it.

Phi Psi is probably top frat, and up in the top 3 range is Sammy and ZBT. Without ZBT, there would literally be no frats at Brandeis. And that isn't to say that ZBT is what keeps greek life going, but since there are such few actual GOOD frats that party, drink and are proper fratty. You kinda want ZBT to be there. Otherwise, it's just gonna be Phi Psi and Sammy, out of which Sammy is like a 5/10 fratty. Phi Psi and ZBT, imo, are like 8+ on 10. Obviously then ADPhi and AePi play their own respective roles as the not cool frats, in which AePi is more the ones who admit it and prefer it and ADPhi are kinda in denial. It's a good dynamic.

By: cambodia

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.