facebook

sorority reputations??

by: Rachel lol

I'm coming to Brandeis in the fall and I'm thinking about rushing a sorority! What are the reps for each??

Posted By: Rachel lol
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

Alpha Pi Phi isn't a real chapter, only rejects from Panhel Rush APP

By: Well
#2  by: Greekly    

Look for the strongest sisterhood. That's what's most important and what lasts the longest!

By: Greekly
by: ghkjAug 29, 2016 5:28:10 PM

APP is really big on sisterhood and the sisters are all really close

By: ghkj
by: ^Sep 12, 2016 9:22:44 PM

App isn't even a real sorority! You were founded in CANADA and have a total of 4 chapters what a joke!

By: ^
by: Get a life ^Sep 14, 2016 8:44:38 AM

Get over yourself. They've grown to 9 chapters in 7 years and are the ONLY Canadian sorority to have expanded internationally. Pretty sure that wouldn't happen if they weren't a "real" sorority. Why are you so bitter about girls being in a different organization than you?

By: Get a life ^
by: ^Sep 14, 2016 5:47:54 PM

Only panhel sororities are real. No one takes local sororities seriously. Call it international all you want but it's not Panhel. No history, doubt there are even 9 chapters, their founders look like hookers, sloppy and accept anyone. Sounds familiar actually I guess y'all really are sisters!

by: ^Jan 18, 2017 4:16:43 PM

Exactly... their own founders had the choice between locals or international and they chose AOII (international.) Their own founders knew it was better to go NPC. The issue isn't that they're Canadian it's that it's a totally irrelevant brand new club with no benefit of joining vs real sororities that have been around for a hundred years. It's not even a choice, app is where all of the rejects go and it just brings an embarrassment to Greek letters.

#3  by: Just saying   

You guys said you didn't go panel because it would take too long, that's cool but don't you care about the legacy you leave behind? The freshman and juniors in your organization could be apart of a real sorority and YOU would be the founders (and until the colonization happens you still get to be sorority and hold all the same events!) My (biological) sister participated in a colonization and even sisters who left the city were able to come back and go through initiation as founding members, how cool is that! Talk about something great to put on a resume, I doubt it's too late, esp with your agreement being over the border, you could for sure still make a Panhellenic org happen. I would be so happy to see another legit sorority on campus and I just know all app members would be happier to be apart of something so great! You would be doing the same thing you are now except in 1.5ish years you'd be able to wear real national letters and be able to participate in alum activities for the rest of your lives! Think about it!! Alpha Pi phi probably won't even exist in 20 years

By: Just saying
by: Also just sayingSep 20, 2016 7:38:26 AM

They're the first ever American chapter of a rapidly growing organization. I'd say that's a pretty amazing legacy.

By: Also just saying
by: ^Sep 29, 2016 4:58:26 PM

Did they really convince you that? They have no standards for one. A much better legacy would be founding a chapter of an NPC and I'm sure y'all are well aware of that fact

by: lolSep 30, 2016 12:50:35 AM

apps founders are disaffiliated aoii women at the school they're from

By: lol
by: ^Oct 10, 2016 9:40:14 AM

Exactly they left/were kicked out of an NPC chapter - they CHOSE an NPC chapter when locals were available. Their founders even knew NPC was better. They would've started their own NPC but you can't initiate into more than one NPC in your lifetime. Do the math, you should really consider going for an NPC when you get the chance, it's just not the same experience and it never will be

by: Hey yallJan 2, 2017 5:43:58 PM

App please please please go NPC! Pleaseee! I like you girls but I would be embarrassed to say I'm in a sorority founded in Canada when all my friends from HS are in NPCs! Pleaseee consider it!!

By: Hey yall
by: 981Jan 11, 2017 10:41:42 AM

Okay obviously you're taking the panhel thing way too seriously. First off, Brandeis doesn't even recognize Greek life. The only reasonable advice to give this potential rush is to check out all of the sororitys and find the one that fits best for her. They each have their own personalities so the one you're most comfortable and click the most with will probably be your best bet. Back to the whole lack of recognition thing, because Brandeis doesn't recognize us, panhel has made it a rule that sororitys can't form chapters at schools that do not recognize their Greek life. Therefore, it was impossible for the girls of APP to be panhel. This rule was established about 6 or so years ago. Y'all can calm down with pushing people to reconsider and become panhel. Unless these girls literally uproot themselves and enroll in another school that recognizes Greek life you will not see them become panhel. Their size doesn't matter and whether or not they become disbanded after their small start is also none of your concern. At the end of the day, it's about the people present not the organization title. Get your head out of your ass and stop being so conceited. It's complaints and advice like this that make the geeds on campus hate Greeks so much.

By: 981
by: SisterJan 11, 2017 8:26:29 PM

1) This is why no one likes APP, don't EVER talk to our pnms like that. YOU are a geed, you belong to a silly club, not a sorority. Y'all formed your own little club because you couldn't get into NPCs and yes I get that it sucks you couldn't do Panhellenic but you can't blame pnms for wanting to wear real letters, all of y'all were first rejected by our houses before you went "app." 2) There are ways around it, I've seen recent chapters open up at schools that don't recognize the Greek community but that's none of my business. 3) Do not EVER speak to a pnm that way you bitter GDI!

By: Sister
by: Canadian GreekJan 18, 2017 12:34:43 PM

Hey 981, I've heard that about not colonizing at schools that don't recognize Greek life but I've found it to be untrue. DPhiE colonized at my school this past spring and our campus refuses to recognize us... Which funnily enough is the same campus where your Alpha chapter was founded.

Also, it doesn't say much for APP that half their chapters are at random universities with no Greek life whatsoever.

By: Canadian Greek
by: ^Jan 18, 2017 4:18:17 PM

You just need to establish NPC app will go international when they can, they were forced into going local by force not choice

#4  by: Seth   

Kbg isn't Panhellenic either

By: Seth
#5  by: i'm wondering   

OP what sorority did you end up in?

By: i'm wondering
#6  by: Deisgal   

Sdt is probably the "best" sorority at brandeis only bc it has the prettiest girls, except the great thing about brandeis's greek life is that the main 3 sororities: KBG, DPhiE, and SDT are all pretty equal- its just about who u connect with most! And then theres APPhi, which is new and mostly takes the girls who dont get bids from the other three. But thats probably also bc they are newer, so who knows what the future will hold!

By: Deisgal
by: ~Jan 15, 2018 5:09:26 PM

could not be more true- this is the only valuable comment on this page

By: ~
#7  by: pi   

used to be part of greek life. This thread should show you shouldnt join greeklife. These people are like this in real life.

By: pi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.