facebook

fall recruitment

by: want2begreek

I've wanted to go greek for a while now and finally decided I should. Is it weird for a junior to go through sorority recruitment? Also, would it be harder for me to get a bid.
And if I am not able to attend one day during recruitment weekend does that significantly hurt my chances?

Posted By: want2begreek
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: J   

Not at all! we have plenty of juniors go through recruitment! They have the same amount of chance as everyone else does. and if you can't attend one day during recruitment it doesn't significantly hurt your chances, but it does give the sorority a less of a chance to get to know you better. I hope this helps!

By: J
by: not true ^^^^Jul 21, 2015 12:28:58 PM

most sororites see juniors as girls who cannot really add anything to their chapters. think about it... would you rather have a girl who can be in your sorority for 4 years or only 2? in my sorority we typically cut all juniors on the first night. also yes, not being there on one day of recruitment will definitely hurt your chances. this is because if we end up getting to know a girl better who has been there all 3 days versus 2, chapters are more likely to cut you because they do not know you as well. however, this can change if you have someone in a specific sorority that is pulling for you, that can help but more than likely it will hurt your chances. about 2 years ago a good friend of mine wanted my sorority but she was not present for all 3 days. you never know which sorority will take this as you are not that serious about the recruitment process.

By: not true ^^^^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.