facebook

tips for spring recruitment?

by: newgirl

I've been going back and forth between rushing for a sorority being all the talk about hazing, fake girls, etc. I feel like socially though, being in a sorority you have so many more opportunities. Anything I should be aware of/tips to help me through spring recruitment? Also heard that not all sororities recruit in the spring?

Posted By: newgirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Greek   

I definitely recommend it. The hazing talk is mostly rumors, I'm unaware of any real hazing incidents. There are some fake girls in each sorority, but not everyone is like that. You won't be best friends with the entire chapter, but the friendships you do make will change your college experience for the better. There's a lot of talk on here about poor sisterhood, but drama is everywhere. For the most part, your sisters will be there for you whenever you need them. If you know someone in the sorority you want to join then talk to them and see what they say about spring recruitment. If they don't, you can rush the other ones and if you don't feel a connection just wait for the fall. Good luck :)

By: Greek
by: ConfusedDec 29, 2013 3:53:22 AM

Why would one not get a bid to their top choice? Do you know how the picking process works?

By: Confused
by: GreekDec 30, 2013 9:54:13 PM

It's a mutual selection process. If you think a particular sorority is right for you, you rank them higher on your list and if the sisters think you'd be right for the chapter they will call you back. Then you finally narrow to 2 and then rank you top 1 before receiving your bid. Recruitment info is on the mason Panhellenic website.

By: Greek
#2  by: Frat Cat   

If you can handle naked pillow fights and making out with other girls you should be fine.

By: Frat Cat

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.