facebook

most proactive sorority?

by: AnotherNewFace

So, I'll be going to Mason this fall and have been planning to participate in rush week since my freshman year of high school. Originally, I had imagined that I would rush this perfect, dream sorority, but as I get closer to actually going I'm realizing that my selection might not be so phenomenal. As you might be able to tell, I'm a bit of a nerd. I've been a committee head of my NHS chapter this year, and community service is a personal MUST for me. I was wondering which sorority/sororities work hardest to follow their philanthropy, as well as which is/are most active on campus?

Please be honest and unbiased--because, honestly, I'm going to find out in the end anyway... I just want to be prepared.

Please and thank you!
Best wishes for finals!

Posted By: AnotherNewFace
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: gmusoror   

Honestly, all of the sororities work very hard on promoting their philanthropies. In the end, you're most likely going to choose where you feel most comfortable. That being said, ZTA is extremely into their philanthropy. It's breast cancer awareness. That is the big thing that they're known for on campus. Because greek life is so small here, each sorority works very hard to keep in good standing and that means showing their face in a positive light all around campus. Also, Alpha Phi raised over $10,000 at a single philanthropy event this semester to go toward Cardiac Care. Aoii pairs with the Nationals for their philanthropy, Arthritis and they recently raised about $1,000 towards that. As you can see, each sorority is very dedicated to their philanthropy. You will just have to do the research yourself and for me, my philanthropy really hit home because it actually affects people I know in my life. As far a presence on campus goes, the most common ones you'll find are Alpha Phis, AOIIs and ChiOs. The others you don't see around too much. Best of luck on recruitment, it's truly a wonderful experience!

By: gmusoror
#2  by: gmuPhil   

I think it depends on what philanthropy you are attracted to. Raising money is important but as you probably know actually being involved in it is more important-- like working hands on with the organization. So some sororities might have raised more money (^^^) but that doesn't mean they are proactive! Do your research

By: gmuPhil

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.