facebook

life in fresno?

by: DeltaRaider

What's up guys, looking at transferring soon and just wanted to know what student life at Fresno State is like. Greeklife, social life, parties, stuff to do in and around Fresno. What do you guys like about your school? What don't you like about it? I know your college experience depends mostly upon the choices you make yourself and your attitude about it but just wanted to get the opinion of students here. Thanks.

Posted By: DeltaRaider
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Really?   

Why go on here to ask? It's a Greek rating forum. Join a fraternity or sorority and be relevant.

By: Really?
by: DeltaRaiderMay 2, 2016 6:55:20 PM

I'm in a fraternity, thanks for your valuable input

By: DeltaRaider
#2  by: Godogs   

Where are you transferring from? I highly recommend going Greek due to the fact that Fresno state is a commuter school so if you want the true college experience and meet tons of people, going Greek and/or living near campus is the way to go. Our sports teams are pretty big here and football games in the fall are always a blast as most if not all fraternities tailgate. Bar scene is so so, but there's always something to do in Fresno you just have to go and find out what is out there!

By: Godogs
by: DeltaRaiderMay 2, 2016 7:14:09 PM

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm transferring from a community college but I went to a University beforehand and I actually am part of a fraternity. I joined at my school in NC and Fresno State does have a chapter there but I was wanting an overall opinion of the school, not specifically the chapter. Glad to hear about football, that's something I really miss about my school. People would get HYPE for the games and tailgating was a lot of fun. What about the party scene though? I heard that at commuter schools the parties kind of suck because everyone just stays home for the weekend or whatever and if you guys don't really have any good bars either that kind of sucks. I'm a college student, I like getting drunk haha.

By: DeltaRaider
by: DogzMay 8, 2016 2:21:46 AM

Fresno state isn't a typical commuter schools tho for Greeks. Most have houses built as Greek houses.

By: Dogz
by: Greek GuruJun 14, 2016 9:52:40 PM

the fresno area has a population of 1 million so there is something going on it you look for it.

By: Greek Guru
#3  by: Godogs   

Going greek vs. not going greek is a totally different experience due to the fact that Fresno State is more of a commuter school than a traditional college town. Living on campus and/or living in a fraternity in my opinion is the only way to get that true college experience that a commuter school lacks.

By: Godogs
#4  by: TFTC   

Fresno state is a great school. There are plenty of activities to do and places to go whether you are in s fraternity or not. Just choose wisely. Many fraternities don't own their own house and that could get sketchy long term.

By: TFTC

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.