facebook

thinking of rushing in the fall

by: Calfreshman

I'm about to be a freshmen here at BSU and am looking to get some insight on the groups. I've only had 2 visits to Boise but I asked whenever I could about fraternity life and which groups are cool. Pretty much everyone says Sigma Chi are the best guys on campus. AKL is a more shy group. Delta Sigs are OK and TKE used to be cool but are mostly complete douchebags now. These are the only ones I've heard about. Can anyone (sorority women maybe) offer some insight on what each group is like?

Posted By: Calfreshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: BoiseGreek   

It all depends on what you want. Every chapter has their nicknames, good and bad, but it really matters what creed or philanthropies are important to you. I've heard that we're getting a new fraternity on campus this coming year and being a founder is something not everyone gets to be.

By: BoiseGreek
#2  by: BSUFraternityMan   

As a fraternity man at BSU, I can only recommend you to meet each group during the first couple weeks of the semester. They are each unique and join whichever one you fit into more and have more fun with. 90% of these rankings are just other fraternities taking advantage of an opportunity to anonymously criticize each other.

By: BSUFraternityMan
#3  by: FraternityMan   

The feedback you received on your campus visits seems a bit biased. I'd definitely say spend time talking to brothers in each fraternity, going to every rush event you can and seeing what they do when they're just hanging out with each other. Everyone looks for different qualities in a fraternity. So, your point of view is the only one that matters when deciding on which bid to accept.

By: FraternityMan
#4  by: alexMaran   

Definitely don't rule out teke because of something you heard or any of them for that matter. I am rushing teke this semester and these are some of the coolest guys I have ever met, but definitely check out every one and see which one you fit in with.

By: alexMaran
by: MCMay 30, 2014 6:07:46 PM

alexMaran,

I haven't heard of anything negative about any of the BSUgreek houses, until this past school year. I am hoping after the events that took place after 1st semester have been resolved and there are not other issues in the future. Because TEKE has gotten a really bad rep on BSU campus because of those few parties that happened and the events that took place during and after.

By: MC
#5  by: New   

Start a new one
Be bold.

By: New

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.