facebook

'22/23 Sorority Descriptions

by: ames

AXO- very friendly overall, solid grades, good member retention
ChiO- smaller group, great unity among members, welcoming to outsiders
DG- newer group, super fun girls, up and coming
KD- large sorority by numbers, near top in grades, probably the strongest presence on campus, nice girls, pnms really like them
PhiMu- favorite during recruitment, top in grades, easy-going/fun girls, good member retention
TriDelta- top in philanthropy, solid grades, overall nice girls, good member retention
Zeta- best Instagram, attractive girls, very low presence on campus, known for their philanthropy, need to be a bit more friendly

Posted By: ames
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Jules   

Times are changing when you rely on IG to make your sorority look great and you are not that great. High school 2.0.

By: Jules
by: anneApr 18, 2023 6:27:56 AM

omg so funny and true.

By: anne
#12  by: fyi   

You don't need to join a sorority at FGCU. You can still go to parties and events without being in a sorority. If you want an instant group of friends then it might be something you want to consider. Only a small fraction of students are involved in Greek Life.

By: fyi
#13  by: :)   

Great positive description of all the sororities! To new recruits, I think it's important to make your own decision and not based on others' opinions of the sorority. Find the fit that's right for you. It is a brutal process and lots of drops for inexplicable reasons. It's important not to take it personally and realize they have just so many girls to decide on in a brief amount of time. The great part about FGCU is that Greek life is a small piece of the university. Whether you go greek or not, you will have lots of opportunities to make friends or get involved.

By: :)
by: :):)May 15, 2023 12:42:21 PM

Loved this post! The one comment I have is no one should be judged in 15 minutes whether they would be a good fit for a group or not. It is not a healthy process.

By: :):)
#14  by: truth   

Simply put you get in because you know someone. If you don't, the pickings are much smaller for you unless you fit their look.

By: truth
#15  by: zero   

I like these descriptions. On point.

By: zero
#16  by: moni   

go go go KD!

By: moni
#17  by: love   

bump!

By: love
#18  by: llll   

After day 1 yesterday I do agree with most of what the OP posted. PM stood out. They seemed to all know how to speak and keep a conversation going. Many of the other groups just were rough. Maybe they did not like me or maybe I did not get paired with the right people. Let's see how day 2 goes. I am expecting a better day.

By: llll
by: llllAug 11, 2023 9:10:41 AM

I am out. I was dropped by all of my top 5. Done before day 2 even starts.

By: llll

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.