facebook

are there actual rankings

by: potential student

Can someone give me an idea of the rankings or what each sorority is like? I might be attending belmont in the fall and am thinking about rushing! I know Greek life isn't a big thing but I want to get involved!

Posted By: potential student
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Greek Woman    

Rankings here are irrelevant. All chapters are great and support each other. If you're looking to be in the top sorority, honestly you're at the wrong school and in it for the wrong reasons. You can find stereotypes but once again, if you're looking for that then you aren't going to find it.

By: Greek Woman
#2  by: Ranker   

Phi mu
AGD
AST
Theta

By: Ranker
by: wrong Apr 2, 2017 4:32:05 AM

This is so inaccurate. I'm truly baffled to know that there is someone out there who thinks Theta is last. I'm not even a Theta!! I'm in Phi Mu and I love Theta and they are definitely not bottom and everyone knows it. Even you know it deep down. Let's be honest, you just have a grudge.

By: wrong
by: truly baffledApr 8, 2017 3:33:38 PM

If the phraseology fits, expend it.

By: truly baffled
#3  by: greekbruin18   

here's the truth. all of the sororities are great, and they have different personalities. like the sisterhood of the traveling pants or the pretty little liars.

these are not in a ranking order

ast would be tibby/hanna. they are very passionate about their philanthropy girls inc and they like to have a good time. they are very popular on campus. everyone knows an ast who can crack them up for hours. they are creative and great friends

agd would be carmen/emily. they are very loyal friends and have an incredible sisterhood. they genuinely enjoy being together and are not afraid to be themselves. they support each other and lift each other up. agds love greek life and belmont a ton.

theta would be lena/spencer. they are very driven and have strong values. they are strong independent women who love to serve others. thetas are in leadership positions all over campus. they know how to present themselves and leave a great impression.

phi mu would be bridget/aria. they are beautiful, talented women who are graceful and considerate in whatever they do. they have a lot of pride in their chapter and their school. they are respected, loved, and admired. phi mu ladies are so friendly and kind!

seriously just go through recruitment and you will find your home okay!!!

By: greekbruin18
#4  by: BeYouBU   

Phi Mu (Best)
AST and KAO (Interchangeable)
AGD (Worst)

By: BeYouBU
#5  by: Vandy   

How it really is coming from a guy:

Theta / Phi Mu - iinterchangeable depending on what type of girl you like) Phi mu has your cute, "typical sorority" girls, but Theta has some drop dead gorgeous, really fun chill girls. Both in my opinion could be considered top depending on who you ask. They both have girls that love to go out, both have some girls considered the "best" girls. Phi mu has the typical sorority vibe, while Thetas are less "sorority crazy" and more independent.
These are the two most "exclusive" ones, aka hard to get into. Theta has the hardest GPA cut so a lot of girls who get cut because of that choose phi mu I've been told.

AST - nice, passionate, more "creative" and a lot of great girls. Not as much jaw droppers like theta and phi mu, but still has some cool few girls. are generally actually nice girls

AGD - kind of a mix of girls, they pretty much just take the leftover girls who everyone else cut. They seem nice and get along well with each other.)

My personal favorite is theta. Some real stunners and they're more interesting to hold a conversation with, and the most fun.

By: Vandy
by: bruin9Aug 3, 2017 8:04:48 PM

This is an extremely in-depth post for someone who goes to Vandy and doesn't see Belmont's greek girls around campus. I would take it with a grain of salt. Trust your gut when going through rush and seeing all of the girls on campus. Everyone sorority has their own personality overall and you'll see them come out around campus and upon meeting the girls.

By: bruin9
#6  by: bupanhel   

Phi mu was the best until theta came around and now they compete for the top spot all the time. Defining the best is subjective because it depends on what type of girls you're looking for. Theta has smart, chill, and hilarious girls. Phi mu would be classified as a typical sorority just because they're pink and have a lot of pretty blondes but also have a lot of diverse girls. Super close knit though. If you're looking for stats, theta got top chapter last year and had an amazing Greek sing routine. They also got lots of awards at the theta convention thing. Most girls going through recruitment want to go back to theta the most because they're so chill. They also get highest GPA like every semester. Phi mu won Greek sing two years in a row the year before last and got chapter of the year a couple years ago too. Phi mu and theta are definitely the most selective during recruitment. Both are pretty involved on campus, maybe theta moreso but not by much.

AST have a lot of diverse girls but are so incredibly kind and loyal to their chapter. Saying they're a "watered down phi mu" is so inaccurate. They're so chill and are often labeled as partiers but im in AST and I don't think that's true but maybe I'm wrong.

AGD always gets the girls no one else wanted but their pledge classes the last two years have been so good so maybe they're getting better

By: bupanhel
by: okOct 20, 2017 7:26:31 PM

clearly written by a theta

By: ok
#7  by: New Ranks   

As of this year

Phi Mu/AST
Theta
AGD

Phi Mu will probably always be number one but for some reason a lot of girls wanted AST this year coming in (Maybe from all the self ranks on Greek rank lol)

By: New Ranks
#8  by: well   

kind of seems like phi mus are the only ones that like phi mus

By: well
#9  by: Rankings   

i think greek rank had an influence on the amount of girls that wanted ast. All sororities self rank, people were first complaining about theta self-ranking, alpha sigma, then alpha gam and phi mu just straight up admitted it on their page.
Phi Mu gets praised a lot which is great but its definitely made AST and Theta so much stronger. And i know people have been saying this for years and idc if i get hate for this but phi mu is definitely not top any more. Just look at AST & Theta's pledge class.
And idc that people hate on alpha gam for accepting "leftovers" but we have the strongest sisterhood since we're not competing for "top". There were plenty of girls that wanted alpha gam over others EVEN phi mu.
But here it is(from what I've seen in pledge classes)
Looks-
AST
Phi Mu
Theta

Who got who they wanted
Theta
AST
Phi Mu (sorry but idk how some girls ended up in phi mu)

Current tiers
AST/Theta (still interchangeable)
Phi Mu

But in terms of recruitment I think AST & Theta did better and took a ton of girls that I thought would go phi mu

By: Rankings
#10  by: idc   

Phi mu will always be top, ast right now is only beside phi mu, not above. Phi Mu has one of the best reputations in the south, and although AST at belmont is great, it takes time

By: idc

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.