facebook

sorority descriptions and rankings

by: Greek

Disclaimer!! Don't let anything on this website deter you from a sorority that you know you really like or fit in to. These are super broad and generalized views of the sorority as a whole from an outsider's perspective. Obviously, being in a certain sorority is very different than what people may think from the outside. PNMs should go in with an open mind. However, these descriptions might give you an idea of how each sorority is seen overall.

Theta: Has been the top for a while and will probably be for the forseeable future. Known for having super hot girls who like to go out. Mix with Sig Chi, AEPi and SAE. Had a rough go last year when they got in trouble for a mixer with Sig Chi and almost got kicked off. This year they lost a few older girls but the core group still remains. Competes with TriDelt and sometimes ADPi for girls during rush.
ADPi: Normally would not be ranked so high but TriDelt got obliterated. Known for being mostly athletes and Theta rejects. However, their last PC was pretty solid and they got some great girls. That being said there’s still the other half of the PC that is pretty weird. They mix mostly with SAE.

TriDelt: Honestly feel bad for how screwed these girls got. They lost a whole lot of girls this year and last year due to some drama with nationals about a mixer (same deal as Theta pretty much). Known for being pretty jappy with the majority of girls hailing from Long Island. Somehow they all went to the same summer camp as eachother. Mixes mostly with AEPi and Sig Chi.

Kappa: Nothing bad to say about these girls. Super sweet and involved. Most of them go out a fair amount and know how to have a good time. Mix mostly with ATO.

SDT: Discount TriDelt. Somehow more jappy though. Mix mostly with Sammy.
GPhi: Nice girls but don’t go out as much. A lot of artsy dancer type girls. Mix with KSig.

DPhiE: Known as being stoner girls but I don’t really know how accurate that is. A few really cool girls but for the most part are not your typical sorority types. Definitely don't go out as much as other sororities. Unsure who they mix with to be honest.
Pi Phi: Relatively new sorority. A lot of weird girls who don't go out but there are a few super chill and normal girls mixed in. Once again don't know who they mix with.

Posted By: Greek
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Hmmmm   

Seems counterintuitive to say dont let anything on this website deter you and then list a bunch of over generalizerd stereotypes that arent necessarily true. Honestly the best advice would be to get off this website and make your own decisions by meeting people. Tiers really dont matter much at emory since there arent even that many sororites and fraternities to begin with

By: Hmmmm
by: HMMMJan 7, 2018 12:22:42 PM

Seems counterintuitive that you’re telling people to get off this website but you were the first comment on a thread from less than 24 hours ago.

By: HMMM
by: YeahDec 21, 2020 6:15:50 PM

Yeah.

By: Yeah
#2  by: Emory   

Pretty accurate. To help out, DPhieE mixes with SigEp, DTD. Pi Phi mixes with Pike and SigEp, sometimes KSig.

By: Emory
by: YepDec 21, 2020 7:14:40 PM

True.

By: Yep
by: SofDec 25, 2020 3:32:11 PM

Yes.

By: Sof
#3  by: true   

honestly I think these descriptions are helpful. Rush is such a crap shoot and every sorority puts on a face— like when I rushed a few years ago Tridelt made it seem like they had a super strong sisterhood, when a lot of mutual friends said they were catty and pretending to like each other more. Theta seemed SUPER intimidating and harsh until after rush was over and a few of my friends that joined were all super nice one on one. Kappa seemed nerdier during rush to me?? like I had NO idea that any of them went out and were actually fun. These are just examples and from two years ago. I say collect as much info as possible but don’t be afraid of the “tops” or the “lows” because of intimidation or reputation. And MY GOD don’t do what your friends do—don’t even listen. Good luck babies!!!

By: true
by: ThisDec 19, 2020 4:21:51 PM

This is it. This.

By: This
by: JaredDec 20, 2020 2:49:31 PM

Thisssss

By: Jared
#4  by: Woah   

Bunp.

By: Woah
#5  by: mooch   

truth but Theta now mixes with zbt not tridelt

By: mooch
by: ysDec 22, 2020 11:16:29 AM

facts .

By: ys
#6  by: bump   

bump.

By: bump
#7  by: Yeah   

Bump.

By: Yeah
#8  by: Who    

For the fresh

By: Who
#9  by: Me   

Theta not top anymore. Adpi and tridelt hotter.

By: Me
#10  by: yes   

bump.

By: yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.