facebook

what happened to ball state panhel?

by: former cardinal

random question and i don't know if i'll get any answers here but i'm curious! i went to ball state a few years ago, rushed a sorority, got a bid, and ultimately dropped the house because i decided to transfer to a different school. a couple of my friends from bsu are still in greek life there so i see some updates on instagram and was just looking at the chapter accounts.
when i went through formal recruitment, rush was HUUUUGE and the average PC was easily 35+ members, even at 'lower' houses. for the most part things seem the same -- we didn't have houses back then either, the same chapters are active, same formal process. why are houses only pulling 10-15 girls now? what happened to make rush so much smaller?
nothing but panhel love, i did enjoy bsu greek life for the little bit i got to experience it :)

Posted By: former cardinal
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: BSUalumna   

The reason the sororities at Ball State have smaller new member classes now is that college enrollment has been on the decline in the last couple of years. And, like most colleges around the country with a smaller percentage of their student population being affiliated with a fraternity or sorority, not as many of those going to college are deciding to pursue joining a sorority in their first year. I was definitely surprised when I saw my chapter only had 14 new members this fall, when the biggest new member class was around 55-60 when I was there before graduating in 2017.

By: BSUalumna
#2  by: Idek bro   

Idek dude. I think its because less girls are signing up. The freshman are learning that you dont need to be in a sorority for frat guys and others to like and respect you. Im sad to see the decline. It sucks to watch my favorite chapters die.

By: Idek bro

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.