facebook

why you should rush :)

by: greeklife

In my experience, I have found some of my closest friend through rush and grow closer to the older members every day. Do not base it on looks, rather the house you feel like you'd be comfortable kicking your shoes off at the front door. That is what my Rho Gamma (basically the sorority woman(women) leading you through the recruitment process) told me when I was struggling to decide on a house. The women I have met after joining my sorority have been some of the most hardworking, dedicated, accepting people ever. They push you to be your best, pursue leadership opportunities, excel at school (which really isn't a choice because there is a GPA requirement specific to each sorority and you will miss out on amazing and fun activities and events if you don't make grades). The sisterhood events, social events, and other activities you're able to participate in are very time consuming, but so worth it in the end. Leadership opportunities will fly at you like no other, and listen when I say, try for them. Not only will it help your resume, but it will keep you more involved and hands on in the greek community. You will also become so much closer to fraternities, and learn where you feel the most at home and comfortable with. Right off the bat, you will already be closer with you Pledge Class as they went through the whole process with you, but the ladies above you take the time and effort to get to know you as well as when you find your greek family. Big's and Little's are the best way to find someone to look up to while having an older sister to hang and party with, which isn't always a bad thing :) The greek community is really good at breaking you out of your shell, and giving you confidence. You're constantly under scrutiny by sorority and frat haters due to stigmas placed on us, but that is why we stand to show them that we are leaders, we are smart, and we are involved. If it is not for you, then so be it, but don't miss out on the opportunity to find your forever family with a community full of members ready to welcome you home on bid day. The process is different for everyone and a lot of time girls go in with no idea about what they want or are scared that they won't belong, but trust me when I say that there is a home for everyone. Every house on campus is different in so many ways, but there is basically a place where you will belong regardless. Trust the process, trust your gut, and best of luck.

Posted By: greeklife
Post Reply Report

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.