facebook

transfer questions

by: transfer

1) What's an average for sorority dues at ECU?

2) I'm transferring in the fall and am a member of a sorority at my currently school. I've heard some things about the reputation of my sorority at ECU and it sounds like I might not fit in that well with the girls in my chapter at ECU. Of course I am going to join my chapter and give it a shot because I love my sorority and what it stands for, but how cliquey is it between sororities? Like will I be able to hang out with girls in different sororities who are more like me? Or are your chapters super separated and cliquey?

Posted By: transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hey   

I'm not really sure about the average price of dues, but I can help answer your second question!

I have friends in every sorority chapter on campus, so don't worry about it all being super catty. Sure, there are some girls who take having pride in their sorority to the level as coming off a little snobby, but generally that isn't the whole of greek life.(And there are girls like that at every school, right?) I am sure you will find your niche within your chapter at ECU as well. Don't worry, it will all work out!

By: hey
#2  by: Hi!   

1) Average dues for an active tend to be around $700 a semester, however that can vary greatly depending on what sorority you are in. Lowest dues are around $350 and highest are around $900.

2) To be totally honest, all ten chapters at ECU have wonderful girls and most tend to be fairly diverse in their own way. I am sure you will find girls both in your sorority and outside of it that you will love as long as you keep an open mind.

By: Hi!
#3  by: Strightfromapichi   

You will find out all the information for pricing during rush! Have fun with it, and keep an open mind. I'm sure your sorority will surprise you!

By: Strightfromapichi
by: whatJun 20, 2014 5:41:05 PM

You don't rerush when you're already an intiated member of a sorority...

By: what
by: YeahJun 20, 2014 8:23:31 PM

I agree with 'what'. You can join the chapter of your sorority at ECU and see how you fit in with those girls. If it turns out that it's not the best fit, you could become an alum if that is an option.

By: Yeah
by: RightJun 20, 2014 9:40:01 PM

If you are initiated into any Panhellenic organization you can't join another one. Make the best of the one you are in!

By: Right

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.