facebook

hazing

by: scaredfreshman

What does hazing involve for sororities?

Posted By: scaredfreshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: abc   

minor to moderate hazing in all sororities except Zeta and Sigma Kappa

By: abc
by: susySep 3, 2014 12:41:43 PM

Not true. no hazing in sigma kappa, as well as other sororities that you didn't list.

By: susy
by: gr33kOct 22, 2015 10:00:34 PM

that's a lie they both definitely haze

By: gr33k
#2  by: Duquesne   

AST does not haze, nor does Zeta. There is no hazing on this campus. A fraternity was recently removed from campus for hazing. If caught hazing there are severe consequences.

By: Duquesne
#3  by: Dear Scared Freshman   

I will not name drop sororities that do or do not haze. It is true that some sororities haze and some do not. However, stand up for yourself, if you think someone is about to haze you or if you are hazed, do not be scared to report it because it is not safe.

Make smart decisions and stay confident in yourself.

By: Dear Scared Freshman
#4  by: GreekGrl   

Honest to goodness truth on hazing.

1. AGD by far worst hazing, but will deny it until they are blue in the face-I rushed and dropped due to the hazing
2. GPhiB hazes- Saw them making all the girls do a long late night run out of towers
3. DZ has moderate hazing
4. AST trys..
5. Zeta, Sig Kap, and Alpha Phi don't haze at all

By: GreekGrl
by: DUGreekSep 8, 2014 7:33:26 PM

again, AST doesn't haze. My sister would have dropped in a heart beat if they were hazing.

By: DUGreek
by: hiSep 11, 2014 12:42:48 AM

WHAT Dz has some of the worst hazing. My very good friend is in it and many of their new pledges dropped because of how horribly they were being hazed and how much the older sisters hated the new pledge class

By: hi
#5  by: duqgreek7   

DZ does not haze at all!

By: duqgreek7
#6  by: Wdf    

Ast hazes . That's a known fact. It's weird because they are known as "the weird girls" so there's that . They got in trouble for hazing last semester

By: Wdf
#7  by: Honest   

AGD and AST are the worst
Dz has years worse than others, it depends how much they like their pledges
Sigkap did last spring, but lost a lot of girls because of it. Haven't heard of anything this fall.
Gphib used to be the worst but got in so much trouble for it, they've toned it down
Zeta, APHI, and aopi don't at all.

By: Honest
by: nopeNov 14, 2015 9:52:30 AM

Sig Kap in fact did not lose girls because of hazing so no you are not correct. Sorry. We established a new policy where the women who are in their professional phrase of schooling can take early alum so they can focus on their schooling. THAT is why our number dropped in the spring. We RESPĪ£KT the women in our sorority.

By: nope
#8  by: #GreekUnity   

Hey scared freshman,

I'm friends with girls in all sororities I can honestly say no you don't get hazed. People use that term very loosely. No sorority woman on this campus will make you do anything that they themselves would not do!! You'll be fine!!! You have absolutely nothing to worry about!! Good luck with the recruitment!! I hope you find your home away from home in one of our sisterhoods!! :)

By: #GreekUnity
#9  by: #GreekUnity   

Hey scared freshman,

I'm friends with girls in all sororities I can honestly say no you don't get hazed. People use that term very loosely. No sorority woman on this campus will make you do anything that they themselves would not do!! You'll be fine!!! You have absolutely nothing to worry about!! Good luck with the recruitment!! I hope you find your home away from home in one of our sisterhoods!! :)

By: #GreekUnity
#10  by: panhel   

they all haze except one or two. agd makes pledges cry and they do this thing called "squirrel hunting" where, if you're walking alone, a group of frat guys can kidnap you to their wing and make you do their laundry bare naked. ast will sit the pledges in a room and yell at them until they cry and they also require you to take a test. dz makes girls drink to the point of blacking out and vomiting. pick your crazy because it's a thing on campus

By: panhel
by: TruthOct 27, 2015 3:37:39 PM

Squirrel hunting is legit real.

By: Truth
by: duqNov 4, 2015 12:20:45 PM

squirrel hunting is real but coming from a fraternity man who's "kidnapped" those girls and taken them to the wing i can assure you no one has ever forced them to do laundry naked (at least in my fraternity), and its used as a way to meet other people on campus.

By: duq

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.