facebook

worried about next year

by: worried

I'm at a school right now with no greek life whatsoever. I've been dying to be a part of it right now and when I transfer to Drake next fall, I'll definitely be rushing! I know it's possible to rush as a Sophomore, but I heard it's much harder. Is this also true at Drake?

Posted By: worried
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GreekGirl   

No it is not true. Drake University is accepting of all students and looks forward to you going through fall recruitment.

By: GreekGirl
#2  by: Nick Nack   

GreekGirl is correct, that is absolutely not true. I think it's a goal of all chapters to reach freshmen, since they will be around longer and are seen as the future. However, it's also a goal to get any quality person. You are a transfer student, so it will be understood why you're rushing as a sophomore. I'm a transfer student as well and joined a house as a junior.

The only people that might run into trouble getting into a chapter are seniors. This is just because that first semester they would be pledging and becoming actives, just learning things. Then their next semester, they would already be on their way out the door, graduating. Therefore, they wouldn't really have enough time to contribute and gain from the Greek life experience. That's still not to say a senior can't get in a chapter. Anyway, you'll be fine.

By: Nick Nack
#3  by: juniors and seniors   

many juniors and even a few seniors go through rush. One or two houses might drop you, because they like young impressionable girls, but you will get a good house.

By: juniors and seniors
#4  by: dg    

Delta Gamma takes a lot of older girls.

By: dg

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.