facebook

rushing

by: Helllooo

Is rushing here worth it? I know at some schools, mainly SEC schools its pretty much required. What about Depaul? Do the fraternities at depaul have a good location for the houses and actually have good parties? Do fraternities at depaul actually have a strong brotherhood and friendships or are they just an identity for douchebags? Please give me an honest opinion.

Don't give me some tier BS, please.

Posted By: Helllooo
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: pi phi    

Dont do it...Depaul Greek sucks.

By: pi phi
#2  by: Thanks   

Thanks. I was hoping for more and possibly more detailed genuine input. I'm coming from the south where fraternities thrive so I'm trying to get some input at the few places I can find...

By: Thanks
#3  by: new member   

I joined this year, and can attest that joining is DEFINITELY worth it. Because of the amount of events you do, you meet so many people. I know second and third year students who pretty much have like two friends, because our campus is just not conducive to making friends easily. The guys are NOT all douchebags. There might be a few in each chapter, but I'm a sorority woman and can happily say I have friends in each one. Honestly, I'd rather do it and fond out it's not for you then never do it and regret it.

By: new member
#4  by: Dave   

The Greek scene isn't much of anything compared to state schools but its definitely worth it considering all the friends you'll make and stuff to do every week. Either Rush or be bored with the school in a semester

By: Dave
#5  by: Do it!   

I would definitely say to give it a try. You have to go into it knowing that it won't be like the state schools, and that's fine! It's a different kind of campus in an urban area, but greek events are fun and you meet a lot of great people! Sure, people may think it "sucks" or something, but I joined this year and it's been nothing but positive. It's not about the outside perspective, because once you're indulged in it, it's a blast!

By: Do it!
#6  by: Do it!   

Also...
1) I don't know why someone is talking about Chicago cops because Greek life or not... Cops exist.
2) There's not houses because there physically is not space. It's still a brotherhood/sisterhood bond, regardless of the living situation.
3) I don't think the comment from "Greek" is accurate. That person is obviously not involved in Greek life, which is fine! However, they don't understand the values we have as a Greek community.

By: Do it!
#7  by: YES   

I would definitely recommend it. Just don't go into it thinking that it'll be anything like the south. It just isn't like it. However, it is not "pointless". I don't doubt you'll have trouble making friends, or getting involved, but if it's something you're interested in, definitely try it out! It's nothing like southern schools, but it definitely has it's perks!

By: YES

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.