facebook

greek life? really?

by: WTF

Listen, you live in a giant city with a million people around your age group. Anyone in a frat or sorority is a loser. Get out, meet people, do things. Get off of the 'campus' and live life.

Posted By: WTF
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GEEEED   

If someone is in a fraternity or sorority, why does that bother you/why do you feel the need to post this on here? There's so much more than what people see. The bonds between ALL of the chapters is something very important so you can stop with the assumptions.

By: GEEEED
#2  by: AGREED 10000x   

Greek life is so small here that EVERYONE knows everyone and it just sucks and seems like a hilarious joke. Everyone in greek like is a joke, stop buying your friends. There's absolutely no point at it here.

By: AGREED 10000x
#3  by: Truth   

Sounds like a bitter girl who got cut from every chapter during recruitment. We're not buying our friends. In a city like Chicago, Being a member of Greek life can open doors. Alumnae flock to big cities and they are always willing to help find internships and jobs. Quit being bitter because you will never have the opportunities that we do.

By: Truth
#4  by: Im Greek   

Coming from a greek I could not agree more. I am totally in it because it does create connections but I have noticed a lot of snot nosed brats from the suburbs who are in sororities because their mind frame is so stuck in High School. I love my chapter for varying reasons but honestly I did not come to depaul to be Greek. My dad went to Ohio and was a TKE there and my younger sister is a Kappa at Iowa and my experience is nothing compared to theirs. It's kind of embarrassing actually. And don't worry about what Truth and Geeeeeed said... you're not missing anything besides dumb dues that go to nothing, and basically high school drama all over again.

By: Im Greek
by: SameNov 24, 2013 2:10:25 AM

I'm greek in a "top" chapter. I know most of the people in every chapter. There is a lot of drama, and a lot of people trying to live their high school fantasy of being a sorority/frat start which just can't happen here, and greek life is so small that there's a lot of drama. The dues are as much as at a state school but there's no houses and the money goes to nothing. I love my chapter, and I love my sisters, but it is kind of embarrassing like the poster above me said. No one would guess I'd say this, but it is true.

By: Same
by: ByeNov 24, 2013 3:39:46 PM

Stop complaining about the dues or how you're not getting the experience you wanted. Nobody's making you participate in Greek life. If you hate it so much, then quit. I'm in a top chapter as well, and there's no drama or people trying to live their high school fantasy of being in a sorority. I love my chapter, and if you're going to speak badly about Greek life as a whole because your chapter sucks, then you should quit because people like you are what give us a bad image. I love my sorority. BYE!

By: Bye

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.