Posted By: Mandy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: huh?   

Based on what?

By: huh?
by: MandyDec 22, 2015 2:18:29 AM

huh?,

This entire site is based on opinion, thus, this is also based on my opinion. My goal was to show what I see as the positives of each sorority, without using the numerical value typical to this site's ranking system.

is there something in this post you disagree with?

Thanks for the input,
Mandy

By: Mandy
by: well wellFeb 7, 2016 6:22:22 PM

I think everyone would disagree that Alpha Xi has the best philo. Their philanthropy is based on making people who were born with autism not be who they are. They have the worst philo.

By: well well
#2  by: Mandy   

To well well,

our university's chapter of Alpha Xi seriously has one of the best philanthropies in our country. They have donated more than most chapters in the nation to their philanthropy and their national org has honored them for being so successful in being so generous and active in their philanthropy. Autism Speaks is a philanthropy that helps families who have children with autism through education. People with autism and families who have family members with the syndrome are thankful for Autism Speaks, because it has made their lives easier. these women have brought out so many students and others in san diego county every year to support their philanthropy. It actually is a really good thing.

#3  by: Mandy   

He has AS, I feel like you are doubting my honesty, just because you can't possibly comprehend that there's another family that copes with autism spectrum disorders and who disagrees with you about autism speaks. You can't make a sweeping statement that families who cope with autism or AS agree with you.

I wish you and your family the best, but I respect myself too much to let someone repeatedly put me down over this. I'm gonna decline from continuing this conversation.

Take care,
Mandy

by: just saw all thisJun 7, 2017 2:53:22 PM

As someone on the spectrum myself, I hope that "Mandy" has done some research to learn the Autism Speaks is in my opinion, and the opinion of many , a hate group. Please google it. There are people that literally consider it to be a hate group. This is not a good group to raise money for.

By: just saw all this
by: @ Mandy aboveJun 23, 2017 4:31:42 PM

You don't "feel like" people are doubting your honesty. I and others on the spectrum are doubting your honesty, because people with family members on the spectrum generally don't espouse your ignorant rhetoric. You really need to grow up, research, and speak out against a group trying to hurt people for who they are.

By: @ Mandy above
#4  by: Mandy   

...Another reason why I was confused about people talking about this controversy here is that this is GREEKRANK. I am guessing other people in CSUSM Greek Life must be commenting on this thread, because who else would even be interested in this website? If so, and especially if you are a CSUSM student or alumni, I highly recommend writing letters to the university, to the AxiD chapter, and to the AxiD headquarters about this enormous issue that the school is apparently ignoring. I’m not a member of AxiD. I guess that I’m lucky, because if I was diagnosed with AS later and was part of AxiD I would be having even more of a mental crisis and it would suck to realize that I was part of supporting Autism Speaks. I’m fortunate that I chose a smaller sorority instead.
Everyone here needs to realize that CSUSM’s AxiD chapter has been the AxiD chapter that has raised and donated the MOST money to Autism Speaks out of all the other chapters in AxiD’s organization. That’s why I said that they have the “best” philanthropy – because they’ve donated so much money and have enormous events at our school. So, if people want this change to be made, activism and letters need to be started right now. I’ve seen these women and I’m certain that as soon as they learn about the controversy behind this group, they’ll write to their headquarters urging their headquarters to pick a good philanthropy. Just remember that if you are in Greek Life at CSUSM your voice is more likely to be heard if you bring this up publicly with FSL and with AxiD and with the school’s president since you are part of the Greek community.

It is important to know that a reason why I took so long to research this more (I did originally but couldn’t find the information that people said was plainly there on the internet) is because many of you speak aggressively. It is important for you to realize that regardless of my (former) or any other person’s ignorance on the subject, rarely will someone change their mind about any belief that they hold differently from yours if you insult them. I like researching, so I am one of the few who will change her mind despite having insults thrown her way. I recommend that you seek to change people’s minds in the future – especially in their opinion of this terrible organization – by speaking more kindly and not calling people names.

Thank you all for the conversation. I’ve learned so much. It is helpful for me to get all the info I can since I am going through a harrowing time right now. I figure I’ve pretty much given away a lot of clues about who I am. This comment I’m making is worth it though, because this issue is so important and must be addressed. We should all work together to try to get people to turn away from Autism Speaks. We need people to realize what this org really is.

I sincerely wish you all the best,
Mandy

by: yesSep 15, 2017 1:06:21 AM

The reason it is posted in Greek Rank Is because AXid , an otherwise decent sorority, has decided to affiliate with such a vile hateful group. Several people I know have tried to talk with AXiD headquarters about this hate group, and AXiD thinks it is great to try to find a "cure." One lady told me, "if you have autism you can't get the full human experience." So, AXID is horrible just like their friends Autism Speaks. Both awful , vile organizations.

By: yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.